Axe-Fx II Firmware 17.00 Released

This is so awesome!... I think this calls for... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

It has been awhile...
scared0016.gif

Doh !!!!

Maybe.

I'm tired of chasing the past. It's time to create the present and the future. Everyone is hung up on recreating rather than creating. Chasing 30-year old tones. Meh.

You've got the biggest box of tools ever created for the guitarist. Every color and brush imaginable. Forget paint-by-numbers. Create your own masterpiece.

Therefore I'm not going to tell you what they are based on. Many people here need to start using their ears more and their eyes less.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! Onward!

I see myself running a drum buss as well as a full mix through one of the tape sims to get that "glue"...

Maybe.

I'm tired of chasing the past. It's time to create the present and the future. Everyone is hung up on recreating rather than creating. Chasing 30-year old tones. Meh.

You've got the biggest box of tools ever created for the guitarist. Every color and brush imaginable. Forget paint-by-numbers. Create your own masterpiece.

Therefore I'm not going to tell you what they are based on. Many people here need to start using their ears more and their eyes less.

Yes! This x1000.

When I see threads here where people are chasing a tone of their favorite player I always think -"why? - that player you are trying to emulate was trying to get their own tone, that's what made them great - why not copy that spirit, not the tone!"

To boldly go..

Yes! This x1000.

When I see threads here where people are chasing a tone of their favorite player I always think -"why? - that player you are trying to emulate was trying to get their own tone, that's what made them great - why not copy that spirit, not the tone!"

To boldly go..

Obviously!
Still besides creating, writing and performing music it can be a lot of fun to try to re-create tones of your favorite artist.
It can be inspiring and you can actually learn stuff from it, just sayin' :)

On another note: playing with all the new fw17 features has been amazing so far.
The new amps are stellar as well as the updated effects!
Loving the new pre amps in the cab block to death!
Also, great choice of adding 2 CK cabs to the factory cab section.

Last edited:
Love new chorus and flanger! They sound fat and clear now. It is so good to see effects being updated.

I briefly tried the new preamps in a cab block, but they seem to add this clipping distortion, not sure why anyone would want that. I will experiment on them some more, but for now i don't see much use for them.

"Therefore I'm not going to tell you what they are based on. "

Honestly, I don't get it. If so and so wants that tone from whoever then who am I to disagree? Doesn't affect me. Doesn't bother me.
The more info the better.
This new firmware sounds great-that flanger......!

Last edited:
Love new chorus and flanger! They sound fat and clear now. It is so good to see effects being updated.

I briefly tried the new preamps in a cab block, but they seem to add this clipping distortion, not sure why anyone would want that. I will experiment on them some more, but for now i don't see much use for them.

Have you tried lowering the gain and sat buttons in the pre amp section?
Also try lowering the amp block level that's going in to the cab block.
I'm only getting pleasing results here.....

Wow, thanks Cliff and FAS!
My first thought was, damn, I gotta run out to school for the first part of my final for my C# class tonight. Bad timing... then I remembered that I took my last two vacation days of the year tomorrow and Friday. Perfect Timing!!!!

Reference points, like names for things like preamps, are handy, especially when these are things that are almost certainly going to be used in conjunction with VSTs in the box that serve a similar purpose. Of course it comes down to what sounds best, but I don't see how giving people information that could be used to save time is a bad thing.

Don't let the VU levels get over the line. Like a real preamp if you set it to high it will clip.

Is the plan to have some sort of VU meter in Axe Edit as well ?

How freaking cool would THAT be - however I'm sure that'd be a shitload of work....

maybe a dumb question

are these new features and new amps adjustable in the latest version of axe edit ?

Insanity! Thanks so much for this gift that just keeps on giving...

The SDD was a nice surprise - can't wait to try with my ever developing U2 presets!

Thanks for the update. Alas, i'll be playing with my band tonight using the ol' VG-99. I think I know what's on the menu for tomorrow night, though!

Back
Top Bottom