Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.03 Released

Where do u select the High Quality option on the Reverb?? I see the new reverb types like London Plate...reinstalled axe edit, refreshed the blocks manually and still dont see it in Axe Edit

Take a look at your axe-fx direct or wait for Axe-Edit update to new firmware!

I believe it will show up when Axe Edit gets updated. In the meanwhile, it's the second knob on the left – Quality – that shows up on the Axe-FX screen when you select the Reverb block.

Last edited:
With any studio reverb I find that the better it is, the more of it you can dial in. Before I felt that I could only blend in a certain level before if sounded too artificial, now I can just wind it up without having to worry about it falling apart.

Ambient guys are going to lose their minds over these sounds.

I accidentally scrolled to London Plate earlier before I realised there were so many new algorithms. This reverb alone is worth the price of an Axefx II in old money.

Oh damn, all these comments makes me wanna go to the studio and bring the Axe-Fx home. That'll have to wait until tomorrow. Stoked!
One question if anyone's tried it yet, how does the "hold" thingy work with spillover if I was to switch to another scene which does not have the reverb block engaged?

Oh damn, all these comments makes me wanna go to the studio and bring the Axe-Fx home. That'll have to wait until tomorrow. Stoked!
One question if anyone's tried it yet, how does the "hold" thingy work with spillover if I was to switch to another scene which does not have the reverb block engaged?

As long as bypass is set to Mute in / Mute Fx in it should work as you know it ... spillover means, that buffer content leaves the block, hold on is nothing others ...

Switch scenes is fine. Just set the reverb block to mute FX input on bypass and it'll keep the hold, but not add to the hold.

I did it, it`s soooooooo easy ...... fun fun fun :)

Reverb Hold on forever :)

Holy smokes... that has to be one of the best things I've ever heard on here
yessmiley.gif

Great demo of the new reverb hold and super tasteful playing
clap.gif

The new reverb algorithms are seriously awesome. I'm really digging Lg Wooden Room and Medium Cathedral. My neighbors, probably not as much as me.... :D

The Sorcerer cab is killer too. Super bright and tight.

Last edited:
I've always been a huge reverb fan. edit: Not so much a fan of huge reverb, but a huge fan of reverb.

Bravo!

Now Rock On.

Last edited:
I just got a chance to sit down with v16.03 and....
The new reverb algorithms are breathtaking!! All of the presets sound amazing. The Stone Quarry preset on High Quality is.... so..... Immersive!! They all are really. Ambience, London Plate, and Studio C really caught my attention as well. I ran out of time so I'm looking forward to more time with it this weekend. I didn't have an opportunity to try out the new UltraRes IR's yet either. I have a few presets with two Cab blocks using UltraRes and it'll be nice to move both IR's to a single stereo Cab block. Cleaner routing, easier to manage - what's not to like? :)

Also very much looking forward to trying out the Reverb Hold function (I know I have a sustain pedal around here somewhere....).

Anyway, enough babbling out of me.
Thanks again Cliff! :) I'm all kinds of jazzed about the upgraded Reverb block!

Back
Top Bottom