Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new changes are awesome,i got better jimi tones, better tones on my own and way better cleans, i dig it!!! <3

@FractalAudio

Cliff, any chance you could take a break from the AxeFX III and work with the FM3 and FM9 teams for a few weeks to help them get caught up? You are a coding machine! New updates just about every week and even releasing updates on Sunday evening. That is so impressive. You certainly are dedicated to your craft and your company. How about throwing a little love toward the FM crowd. 😂😂😂

Seriously, you impress the hell out of me. Keep up the good work!
No. They are doing fine on their own.

Last edited:
Thank you Cliff!

I'm not sure if the Brit Silver is one of the updated amps (not sure if it is included in the JCM800 category), but it sounds glorious. It was already wonderful in the first place.

Looking forward to whatever advancements can make it into the FM3, gracias to the Fractal team for the pursuit of perfection in the Fractal ecosystem.

Has anyone that's familiar with the Wrecker models tried this beta? My first impression is they're not cleaning up as quickly or as well as they did on v20.04. I've been using the Wrecker Express models and can usually go from very dirty down to a bright, almost clean tone by just rolling back to 6 or 7 on my guitar's volume. On this beta I have to go much lower and it's still muddier and dirtier. I may roll back to 20.04 just to make sure I'm not imagining it.

Update: It was early and I was playing quieter than normal and with a guitar I hadn't played in a while. The Wreckers sound great, hell every model I try sounds great. I usually don't dig the Rectos and Uberschall, but they're even sounding good to me now.

Last edited:
Thank you Cliff!

I'm not sure if the Brit Silver is one of the updated amps (not sure if it is included in the JCM800 category), but it sounds glorious. It was already wonderful in the first place.
See post #27, Cliff said every amp was updated. The only thing he said in the OP is that he still had some models to verify, presumably to ensure the update didn't cause any issues with them.

I'l
Friedman HBE V1 Fat model sounds quite different from what I was hearing in beta1 - I know there was a change on it but could someone else take try it and verify it sounds correct?
l can confirm this model sounds differently. I know Cliff said the model didn't change from the previous Beta, but the low cut frequency in the amp block is now at 59. I have no idea what it was previously or if that is the cause. I do agree though that the model is very big in the low end now. Same for the BE V1 Fat.

I'm also noticing some intermittent pop/crackle (of the cpu overload variety) when using dual Friedman HBE amp blocks - more frequent when amp block input dynamics or output compression is used. (Ax3mk1) - preset attached / clip below

Attachments

• 21.001b Crackle.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Last 2 beta's both went fine, no problems so far. Although the second version felt a little different, but that could be also the "weather" ;)
Most amps I tried are super easy to dail in, as my setup had lot's of bass (unthreated room / reflection) I still do some low-cuts.
Beta 2 felt a little more "bassy" but that can be perception.

I have tried all plexi's and most marshall's and they roll off much better with volume and sound great, also the fenders and voxlike amps.
Hope that all new plexi's will also have the jumped version, as these are super nice to play around and find my sweet-spot for the sound I look for.

I understand that Master Volume on ODS has a bright cap. But would somebody please explain this in layman's terms:
the Overdrive Volume control allows setting the Master Volume higher to counteract the bright cap and then lowering the power amp drive with the Volume.

One thing I notice with the major fw releases is that, even though fx have not changed, they seem to sound improved with the revised amp modelling. The mods in my presets are sounding fantastic particularly when placed before an amp to get some of that cool garbled sound and how they can subtly push/pull the amp (ie Spirit of Radio flanger, early Lifeson style chorus before amp)

Just for clarity X-2 will be ported over to the FM9?
Not asking about time frame as that is not a fair question.
I’m not fractal but … do you think it won’t be ported to the fm9 ? …

For the rest I have tried most of everything . Everything is fine here . Just some levelling and less love to the maxon 808 that is not my favorite boost anymore with these latest update . Removed everywhere for others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom