Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On beta 1 i have removed most of my low cuts in cab block
On beta 2 I put them back

Why? Good question.
I would say this is to be expected.
real amps are not always super tight and most of them needs either help from od’s or some post production and eq cuts to sound as tight as on recordings we know and love.
there are exceptions like mesa marks or engl savage, fortin amps and some other super tight circuits, though..

@Thomas Obester yep but why I was impressed with beta 1 concerning bass and now it seems to be like 20.04 back with beta 2? That’s strange . Normally there is no change really between both(?) but the sample from @deathbyguitar proved that something happened between the 2. Well that’s not really important as it is fixed now, but 🤔.

I had fun trying to use the front panel yesterday without reading manuals, it was like a video game. For example, I wanted to remove 2 of the 4 cabs of the preset, just wanted to erase them, and I didn’t know how to do it just with the front panel . I choose an empty user slot to do it as a shitty trick but ? There is a real way to do it ?

@Thomas Obester

I had fun trying to use the front panel yesterday without reading manuals, it was like a video game. For example, I wanted to remove 2 of the 4 cabs of the preset, just wanted to erase them, and I didn’t know how to do it just with the front panel . I choose an empty user slot to do it as a shitty trick but ? There is a real way to do it ?

Set Mute/Solo to MUTE.

It was so fun too when I just wanted to change the block type, like changing the delay block for a reverb block, it takes me almost 5 minutes. And then my cat hit me with a « meow » watching the big button wheel. I don’t know how I finally think to turn the wheel to change the block type hahaha. No seriously it was fun. When you are in front of this without any help, It's like opening the hood of a car when it's broken down and you don't know anything about it. when you finally know how it works, it’s easy, but at first wow. If one day you don’t know what to do, I recommend using the front pannel only, better than Agatha Christie stuff

Oddity I just found. With Beta 2, if I switch delay types in some of my patches, from ambient to stereo tape for example, I get a significant gap before the sound comes in. But reloading the delay block fixes the problem.
There were no changes to the delay block. Please post an example preset.

@Thomas Obester yep but why I was impressed with beta 1 concerning bass and now it seems to be like 20.04 back with beta 2? That’s strange . Normally there is no change really between both(?) but the sample from @deathbyguitar proved that something happened between the 2. Well that’s not really important as it is fixed now, but 🤔.

dunno tbh, only cliff does,but it’s always easier to remove some things you don’t like than to add what’s not there.

@FractalAudio With the new parameter, would you recommend using Plate Suppressor Diodes over Master Bias Excursion to reduce fizz? I haven’t been able to play guitar since the firmware was released, but I can’t wait, and fizz reduction is something I always focus on. Thanks so much.

I use headphones mostly due to not being able to play in house with FRFR - I hear a lot of fizz drives me crazy - would luv to know how to get high gain sound to remain the same without all of that fizz when not playing - yes I can turn down volume but thinking I shouldnt have to

I use headphones mostly due to not being able to play in house with FRFR - I hear a lot of fizz drives me crazy - would luv to know how to get high gain sound to remain the same without all of that fizz when not playing - yes I can turn down volume but thinking I shouldnt have to
One way is the high cut in the Cab block. Most speakers / cabs have a significant cut-off above 4-5kHz. I usually set my high cut somewhere between 4500 and 6500 Hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom