Axe-Fx Firmware Version 20.05 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the love for the triaxis - well lets ask jp. why do folks still love twins?

I'm not goo goo ga ga for an mp1... but I have an mb1 and I abso love it. No denying either are great preamps. has an actual mn3007 chip chorus in them (ie bbd sm chip as ce2) that serves up chorus that is on par with the best analog chorus units ever made.
fully midi programmable all tube preamp? was the axe fx of it's day. what is not to love?

that said... I kind of agree that it isn't a "I simply must have one" model for me... but perhaps only because I have an mb1 and it def has a few gtr tones in it.
Fair enough. Just asking. I remember that I was going to get a TriAxis years (and years) ago. Got a JMP-1 instead. Honestly, I never loved it though.. maybe because of my power amp or speakers at the time.
Now, with the Axe III MK II... there’s nothing else I could see myself ‘needing’.

Fair enough. Just asking. I remember that I was going to get a TriAxis years (and years) ago. Got a JMP-1 instead. Honestly, I never loved it though.. maybe because of my power amp or speakers at the time.
Now, with the Axe III MK II... there’s nothing else I could see myself ‘needing’.
I remember liking the JMP-1 more than the MP-1 back in the day. I never owned one though, but I did own a MP-1 during the time you could get them easily for $99.

right on. no worries. it has been my experience as well -that it's generally more cumbersome to get a good sound... between pre, poweramp, fx and speaker - guess I'm just not smart enough to have given it up lol. I've got a triaxis... have owned a few mp1s... halfler t3, few others... the ada stuff is imo legit among a limited variety of fully programmable pres... jmp, triaxis, ada, access, x88.

And the chorus gave it stereo capability. I loved mine, and it was incredibly versatile for playing covers!
that chorus is truly lovely. I esp love it setup as a vibe. I've owned/built a number of ce2s and ce2 clones and it def has a character all it's own imo. in fact you've inspired me to want go play it so thanks for that hehe!

I used an MP-1 for 20 years and replaced it with the AXE FX II. I haven’t missed it at all! I thought the chorus was too much, so I used an outboard Tom Scholz Chorus which could be more subtle, and an Alesia Quadraverb with it for echo and reverb, and a Digitech PCM10 MIDI foot controller.

Brit Studio 20 is a sweet one

Sounds great but the model is WAY off from the actual amp.

I made several mistakes:
1. I missed a pad between the preamp and power amp.
2. I set the tone stack to the wrong type. It should be Plexi but it's set to Plexi 100W.
3. The schematic doesn't show it but there's a cathode bypass cap on one of the triode stages.

However, the model sounds really good so I might make into a FAS model.

I made several mistakes:
2. I set the tone stack to the wrong type. It should be Plexi but it's set to Plexi 100W.
3. The schematic doesn't show it but there's a cathode bypass cap on one of the triode stages.

Please please please do this!

I made several mistakes:

Bonus!

True genius is embracing the happy accident.... ;)

I made several mistakes:

the current beta model actually sounds way better than most demos of the real thing ;) !

I made several mistakes:

Can't wait to hear the revised one as well. Great work and love the attention to detail.

I made several mistakes:

The more you know. But another FAS Model will be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom