Axe-Fx Firmware Version 20.05 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great but the model is WAY off from the actual amp.

I made several mistakes:
1. I missed a pad between the preamp and power amp.
2. I set the tone stack to the wrong type. It should be Plexi but it's set to Plexi 100W.
3. The schematic doesn't show it but there's a cathode bypass cap on one of the triode stages.

However, the model sounds really good so I might make into a FAS model.
Man, I’m loving that SV20 model. Yes, if you “correct” it please retain it somewhere else.

A question, is point three in Cliff's list of errors responsible for giving the 20w Marshall model a bit of Vox flavour?
I just don't know enough about amps..
Probably not, this will be a preamp stage cathode bypass cap I'm pretty sure. It will just mean that the real amp has a bit more gain than the first version of the model, but it will be high pass filtered gain, which may or may not have much effect on the tone. Structure of edge of breakup tones likely to be a little different in flavour. By how much is probably easier to check out with "suck it and see" methods that trying to calculate, estimate or guestimate.

Liam

Probably not, this will be a preamp stage cathode bypass cap I'm pretty sure. It will just mean that the real amp has a bit more gain than the first version of the model, but it will be high pass filtered gain, which may or may not have much effect on the tone. Structure of edge of breakup tones likely to be a little different in flavour. By how much is probably easier to check out with "suck it and see" methods that trying to calculate, estimate or guestimate.

Liam
…“suck it and see”, WHAT???

possible bug: 20.05 would from time to time drop the audio connection to my macbook pro. Re-starting teh Axe FX would fix this, simply re-connecting the USB wouldn't.
I reverted back to 20.04 and haven't had a drop out since.

possible bug: 20.05 would from time to time drop the audio connection to my macbook pro. Re-starting teh Axe FX would fix this, simply re-connecting the USB wouldn't.
I reverted back to 20.04 and haven't had a drop out since.
Happens to me as well and I'm using Windows

I think this had come up before but can't find reference to whether it was fixed and has come back, or if it is within normal tolerances: when I cable output2 directly to input2 and send a sine wave thru, the right side is about 1/2db quieter than the left side. All level and balance controls are at 0, input2 gate is off, and I tested the cables by swapping them with same result on the same side.
1664860233524.png

Attachments

• Output 2 Level Diff.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I think this had come up before but can't find reference to whether it was fixed and has come back, or if it is within normal tolerances: when I cable output2 directly to input2 and send a sine wave thru, the right side is about 1/2db quieter than the left side. All level and balance controls are at 0, input2 gate is off, and I tested the cables by swapping them with same result on the same side.
View attachment 109328
What is the purpose of this preset? It’s fucking weird! Did you check the output2 settings in global (-10/+4)?

Rebuilt your Setup with my Mark II and Firmware Beta 20.05, but there is no Level difference - all Levels are as they should be!

Insert 2.JPG

What is the purpose of this preset? It’s fucking weird! Did you check the output2 settings in global (-10/+4)?
as mentioned by unix-guy - it's demonstrating an issue I'm having (loop coming back with uneven sound L/R). I'v tried -10/+4 - does the same on both. Thought maybe it was new firmware related but not looking like it since Mr Petrocelli ran the same test with correct result.

Last edited:
Rebuilt your Setup with my Mark II and Firmware Beta 20.05, but there is no Level difference - all Levels are as they should be!

View attachment 109357

I'm curious - Are you using the +4 setting on Output2? and balanced cables connecting output2 to input2 with physical output2 knob at around 1pm to equalize out1 to -6db (or unbalanced cable with physical output2 knob at around 3:30pm?). Global EQs off? Doesn't really matter though - I get the same imbalance with any cable type.

If possible, can someone with a Mk1 try this test?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom