Axe-Fx Firmware Version 20.05 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great but the model is WAY off from the actual amp.

I made several mistakes:
1. I missed a pad between the preamp and power amp.
2. I set the tone stack to the wrong type. It should be Plexi but it's set to Plexi 100W.
3. The schematic doesn't show it but there's a cathode bypass cap on one of the triode stages.

However, the model sounds really good so I might make into a FAS model.
So for any keen amp modifiers, just reverse all those changes in the physical amp for the "Cliff Chase modified" Marshall Studio 20. There was a time when my soldering iron would already be warming up... Nowadays I'm too spoilt for choice with the Axe FX III to care too much.

Liam

At first, I thought this was funny, but knowledge is knowledge, right?
Absolutely. I spent years trying all sorts of crazy ideas on tube amps. My favourite old Marshall 2203 ended up with 5 different bypass caps selectable with a rotary switch to change high pass filtering and "feel" on one preamp stage, and 5 different cathode resistors similarly selectable on another stage to change the bias point and gain. It was great fun, and was what we had to do to get the versatility needed from a single amp before Fractal.

Liam

Yes, it was like a lucky 'Carr crash.'

A question, is point three in Cliff's list of errors responsible for giving the 20w Marshall model a bit of Vox flavour?
I just don't know enough about amps..
No, if im not mistaken, it is because its also Cathode Biased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom