Axe-Fest II

Guitarist John Zeigler of the Volto band is just phenomenal and spearhead's the Monday Night Jammz expertly covering jazz standards of Miles, Shorter, Hancock, Jaco, etc., at heavy and very loud fusion-metal levels (bring ear plugs but do not miss the Jammmz if you are hanging around through Monday night). John is playing Sunday and Monday.
John Z is a monster. Super nice guy too. I HIGHLY recommend going to see him play if anyone gets the chance!

John Z is a monster. Super nice guy too. I HIGHLY recommend going to see him play if anyone gets the chance!

... and John Z takes no prisoners when he is behind the wheel ... err, axe ... during the Monday Night Jammz at the 'Tato!

Don't miss the Jammz if you are sticking around through Monday night! :encouragement:

Sigh ... guess I'll just have to settle for the Andy Timmons Band tonight at the Iridium in NYC.

... and right on the heels of having to suffer through the Mike Stern Quartet - Stern (guitar), Bob Malach (tenor), Anthony Jackson (bass) and Steve Smith (drums) - just three days ago.

:lol Its a tough life here in NYC - great place to work and catch great shows before commuting home to play my Axe FX II until I drop from exhaustion!!! Thank you Cliff!!! :D

Last edited:
I wish that I could make it out on Friday just to hang, but too much work!. 16-1/2 hours of overtime so far!......

Anyway, I will be attending both days of the Axe-fest ll and will be staying Saturday night at the Airtel Hotel, And would like to offer some Axe FX help to anyone that needs it Saturday night after day 1 is over.

Patch or scenes help, FX block order, user cabs, external controllers, spill-over, tone-matching, etc......

Bring your guitar?, bring your Axe FX?, Thumb drive?, lap-top?, tablet?, favorite beverage??, or nothing?. I will have my lap-top, my Ernie-Ball Axis guitar, MFC-101, 3 expression pedals, and my self-contained Axe Rig with me. It has an Axe FX ll, a pair of Equator D-5 monitors, and a 6 channel mixer on board to run a couple of Axe FXs (if needed) and audio from the lap-top, tablet, phone, or whatever.

Work on some patches, jam along with some backing tracks, sounds like fun to me!

It has changed some since this picture, but you get the idea.
View attachment 17790

I wish that I could make it out on Friday just to hang, but too much work!. 16-1/2 hours of overtime so far!......

Anyway, I will be attending both days of the Axe-fest ll and will be staying Saturday night at the Airtel Hotel, And would like to offer some Axe FX help to anyone that needs it Saturday night after day 1 is over.

Patch or scenes help, FX block order, user cabs, external controllers, spill-over, tone-matching, etc......

Bring your guitar?, bring your Axe FX?, Thumb drive?, lap-top?, tablet?, favorite beverage??, or nothing?. I will have my lap-top, my Ernie-Ball Axis guitar, MFC-101, 3 expression pedals, and my self-contained Axe Rig with me. It has an Axe FX ll, a pair of Equator D-5 monitors, and a 6 channel mixer on board to run a couple of Axe FXs (if needed) and audio from the lap-top, tablet, phone, or whatever.

Work on some patches, jam along with some backing tracks, sounds like fun to me!

It has changed some since this picture, but you get the idea.
View attachment 17790

You should attend Dwezilla 2014 .... Great jams after hours!

It will be great to hang with you again Moke.
You and I had a fine chin wag at last years AxeFest.

Wifey & I arrived this evening in SoCal.
Looking forward to all the great weekend festivities.

EXCITED!!

Wish I could be there, have fun guys ! I can't wait to read all your reports, specially on monitoring solutions for the Axe

I got in this afternoon. Had a burger at the bar and was worried when I saw all these really geeky peeps walking around. I was wondering if the Axe/Amp community was that geeky. Fortunately I figured out there is some star trek event also at the hotel.

A co worker saw I was out here and was in van nuys so he swung by and we went out to a german place for a few beers. Now I need sleep to be coherent for tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I must be a light sleeper, I have already been up, ate breakfast, and sat around. I wish people would wake up so we could talk nerd stuff. Sleep when you get home I say.

a lot of us stuck around past 11:00pm last night, it was a blast.

Im telling you folks, this going to be an awesome day!!!

Since Yek's from out of the country, he wanted to see LA, so I took him down to holly wood blvd, then cooper suggested that I take him to the Santa Monica Pier, so we went. We had a blast.

Im telling you folks, you need to make it down to Axe-fest 3 if you are not going to be here today. Getting to meet your fellow forum buddies is priceless to me. The one time were you won't be called a nerd for talking about a black box of hardware and software.

have a great day, wherever you are. I imagine pics will come up, when they can.

so people wake up, I'm waiting for you...

Back
Top Bottom