Axe-Edit 3.0 Sent to Final Testers

I've just taken 7 consecutive weeks off from the band. I play again this weekend. We have rehearsal tonight for it. So, naturally, I fully expect Liquid Foot to release a new firmware upgrade between now and the weekend, so I can struggle with whether or not to upgrade and risk my stable configuration before the gig. And I fully expect Fractal to do the same thing to me. It seems to usually happen to me that way. LOL.

We receive updates all the time, almost daily.
Sometimes accompanied by updated firmware.
Last missing pieces are being added.
Bugs are sparse and being take care of immediately by the developers.

Thanks for the update. I think we can all really appreciate the WORK FAS coders and the Beta test team are doing.
Updating to a new app and/or FW every other day, then testing every function that you can dream up becomes not-fun about day two.
Having the developers figure out what part of the code is broken, then having to fix it in two platforms (Win/OSX), recompile, then test everything, can make them crazy in short order.
After they think they have fixed the days bugs, then send it out to the Beta team to find out what new things got broken. Next step is to get the hammer and start hitting yourself on the head.
I have always found: "all good code needs to age".

I'm trying so hard not to get excited about this. I know the front panel works well for most things, but AE is just sooooooo much nicer!

Was Moses under the same level of pressure to deliver?

moses+tablets.jpg

I don't think so. But here's Cliff bringing back the AE3 code.

If thats true, I would like to see where he got FW11 from :shock

Hi, would a Tip Jar be a ridiculous idea for the FAS team? I know I'd be willing to kick in some bucks for them to throw themselves a party some time. I don't know any other company I'd be willing to do that for.

Guys, i went back from vacations today and gave a try to the latest beta of AE3 and it's totally awesome ! So fast and stable and new functionality keep beeing added on each new beta version.
The devs are doing an excellent work here, so does the beta-team. A lot of bugs have been found and addressed in no time.
This is definitely gonna be a huge release !

Where are you getting the betas??? Do you work for the NSA?

... can't wait for Axe Edit 3 :)
Axe Edit & the Possibilities of the AxeFX where the reason why i bought the Beast!
Now that all is working without issues on Mavericks i'm really looking forward to FW11 & Axe Edit 3...
Hope the wait is soon over!
Kudos to the Dev's and Beta Testers!

Thanks for the update. I think we can all really appreciate the WORK FAS coders and the Beta test team are doing.
Updating to a new app and/or FW every other day, then testing every function that you can dream up becomes not-fun about day two.
Having the developers figure out what part of the code is broken, then having to fix it in two platforms (Win/OSX), recompile, then test everything, can make them crazy in short order.
After they think they have fixed the days bugs, then send it out to the Beta team to find out what new things got broken. Next step is to get the hammer and start hitting yourself on the head.
I have always found: "all good code needs to age".

Well said! And let's not forget it's not only two platforms of OS but multiple versions of those IE. Vista, Win 7, Win 8, OSX 10.x.x etc.

I also would like to take the time to squash any thoughts that some may have that there is any sort of delay because AE3 has turned out to be really buggy. Nothing could be further from the truth to be honest. As previously stated the last pieces are being added daily and the bugs that are identified are often resolved within hours. In addition to providing the functionality and bug fixes the developer(s) have even stepped up big time and improved response times etc. in areas that weren't even considered to be an issue in the first place.

A LOT of work and hours have been put in by the developers and beta team and I have no problem at all stating that I feel everyone will be thrilled with the results.

Last edited:
Well said! And let's not forget it's not only two platforms of OS but multiple versions of those IE. Vista, Win 7, Win 8, OSX 10.x.x etc.

I also would like to take the time to squash any thoughts that some may have that there is any sort of delay because AE3 has turned out to be really buggy. Nothing could be further from the truth to be honest. As previously stated the last pieces are being added daily and the bugs that are identified are often resolved within hours. In addition to providing the functionality and bug fixes the developer(s) have even stepped up big time and improved response times etc. in areas that weren't even considered to be an issue in the first place.

A LOT of work and hours have been put in by the developers and beta team and I have no problem at all stating that I feel everyone will be thrilled with the results.
Excellent update, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom