Axe "crackle" repair cost

eBay is your friend in this sitch. Tell the seller you want a refund, plain and simple. If he refuses open a case with eBay and they'll get you your money back. Only bad part is you have to pay to ship it back, but that's nothing compared to having to pay shipping both ways and a repair cost from FAS. Plus, if it's already fucked up who knows what else is wrong with it that will go south in the future.

I actually just did all of this. I have been in contact with the guy all along and he has suggested a lot of the same things I found here. After I asked for a refund he said

"It isn't broken or defective. I listened to the recording and I didn't hear anything significant. Now if you did talk to Fractal I would suggest sending it in to them because if it is broken it has to be dealt with one way or the other. Personally I think you may be nit picking. My listing says sold as is no returns and I don't have the money to refund. Now if you really wanted the unit then you would suggest getting it fixed over me refunding you. I think maybe you either changed your mind about wanting it or you discovered that you didn't have the money to spend and now you want it back. I would bet that if you got the money back that you wouldn't buy another Axe Fx with the money and that means that you just don't want it. If it is broken I would favor getting it fixed over trying to refund you full price because that would at least show that you want the unit and aren't trying to just dump it back to me because you don't want it

- stealthcamp"

What a piece of work.

And Ebay has sided with me. Thank goodness! It's really sucks that I have to send this unit back because I waited so long for one, it sounds so good, has features all day long. I don't know what I'm gonna play now. My boring ole amp I guess.

Maybe there's some middle ground..? Tell him you'll get it sorted, but he foots the bill
thumbsup.gif
If there really is nothing wrong as he claims, then he's not got much of a bill to worry about
wink.gif

Or just let ebay sort your refund
smile.gif

I had a case where I was getting a quiet crackling sound, only when I was running Axe Edit, I don't understand it, but it was related to the USB connection, I cleaned the contacts on the jack and the plug and it went away.

I actually just did all of this. I have been in contact with the guy all along and he has suggested a lot of the same things I found here. After I asked for a refund he said

"It isn't broken or defective. I listened to the recording and I didn't hear anything significant. Now if you did talk to Fractal I would suggest sending it in to them because if it is broken it has to be dealt with one way or the other. Personally I think you may be nit picking. My listing says sold as is no returns and I don't have the money to refund. Now if you really wanted the unit then you would suggest getting it fixed over me refunding you. I think maybe you either changed your mind about wanting it or you discovered that you didn't have the money to spend and now you want it back. I would bet that if you got the money back that you wouldn't buy another Axe Fx with the money and that means that you just don't want it. If it is broken I would favor getting it fixed over trying to refund you full price because that would at least show that you want the unit and aren't trying to just dump it back to me because you don't want it

- stealthcamp"

What a piece of work.

Send it to us. If the repair costs are more than $60 I'll cover the excess. I'd rather you be happy than deal with the hassles of filing a claim through eBay.

Send it to us. If the repair costs are more than $60 I'll cover the excess. I'd rather you be happy than deal with the hassles of filing a claim through eBay.

Wow. Talk about going above and beyond to stand behind your product.

I was talking with a friend about how so many companies can make a quality product that everyone wants, but once the company has shareholders, they focus their efforts on profit margin instead of the quality of the product and the product turns into shit in a very short time. Sad but true. (In Hetfield's voice.)

Thanks Cliff!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom