Axe "crackle" repair cost

yea that's certainly not the crackle i hear from the amps natural crackle authenticity. To me that's more of little pops. Did you just get it off ebay?

I get this too at times.. gen 1 Axe II I've owned since they came out. I can hear the same thing in your clip.. to be honest, I've assumed it was my electricity or location, etc. Curious what FAS has to say on this..

I've never noticed that on my 2. A mk 1 purchased August 2011.

Does it do it when you use the axe as a soundcard via usb input?

Not to be mean but you paid 2 grand for a used unit when for a couple hundred more you could have had a brand new one with warranty???? Ebay sucks!!! I made a claim on a guitar once that was a knock off advertised as the real deal and they sided with the seller and I got ripped off!!! A buddy of mine bought a used Axe FxII a few months ago from Ebay and it had all sorts of problems. The XLR out was busted loose from the circuit board and had to be fixed.

Not a clocking issue as its happens in the headphones as well. Support says it needs to come in. As for buying a used one as opposed to new, it takes me a long long time to save this kind of money, and I was really excited to get one for 500 bucks less. Seller claims it never made a sound at his house and that it must have happened in shipping. Support says worse case could be north of 1000 dollars to fix, best case is 40 bucks. I don't know what to do. Try to get the seller to refund me my money I guess. What a crappy ending to a bright starting week :grey:

Not a clocking issue as its happens in the headphones as well. Support says it needs to come in. As for buying a used one as opposed to new, it takes me a long long time to save this kind of money, and I was really excited to get one for 500 bucks less. Seller claims it never made a sound at his house and that it must have happened in shipping. Support says worse case could be north of 1000 dollars to fix, best case is 40 bucks. I don't know what to do. Try to get the seller to refund me my money I guess. What a crappy ending to a bright starting week :grey:

That seriously sucks. I feel for ya man. Good luck with everything, gotta be so super frustrating.

I've never heard of this before. Definitely get a refund from the seller. There's no way I'd accept a broken product that I had to pay to get fixed, even if it's $40, you still have to pay shipping both ways.

I've had a low popping sound coming from my XL since the day I opened it. Facing it, it is the left side monitor. I've swapped cables around, and even monitors and it is still there. It happens every few seconds when I'm not playing. Would it be the axe itself?

I've had a low popping sound coming from my XL since the day I opened it. Facing it, it is the left side monitor. I've swapped cables around, and even monitors and it is still there. It happens every few seconds when I'm not playing. Would it be the axe itself?
contact support.

A common cause of cracle is a patch pushing cpu limits. Check your patch cpu level. If its more than 90%, you'll likely solve it by simplifying the patch.

Do what Sidi says; send it back. If it happened in shipping the shipper f'd up, not you. He should have packed it better. Send it back and you can get one here from a forum member for less than $2k.
Even if you get it fixed for $40, you still need to pay shipping both ways, and that can get expensive.

A common cause of cracle is a patch pushing cpu limits. Check your patch cpu level. If its more than 90%, you'll likely solve it by simplifying the patch.

Highly unlikely since my patches are pretty much wah, amp, cab, delay, reverb. I think I'm running in the mid to high 60s when I checked before.

contact support.

Already done. Downloaded the link you sent me and will update tonight 8)

To my ears this sounds a bit like something recorded onto an old scratchy record. Its definitely not something that should be occurring.

If it makes you feel any better, Fractal support is about as good as it gets. You pay a lot for the AxeFX, but you get fanatical support after the sale. Fractal is great on communication, turnaround times and reasonable on bench charges.

I had an Ultra with a bad input a couple of years ago. I had my fixed Ultra back in my hands a week after I sent it in and the charge was only around $60 US, excluding shipping. So, not too bad at all. The good part is that you'll very likely have a pristine AxeFX II to play.

I'd say the seller either did not properly pack when they sent it to you or they knew it had a problem and are claiming ignorance.

It is something that updates the FGA in the XL unit. Not sure that it will fix it yet because I'm not sitting by my unit to update it. Don't take my word for it being what is wrong with your units, contact FAS Support. They are fast to reply, literally just minutes from the initiating the support ticket. :eagerness:

Back
Top Bottom