AITR

Okay, just to be clear, this is what the mk1 has:

Speaker Cabs Galore

The Axe-Fx III features our exclusive, proprietary UltraRes™ speaker simulations with over 2200 factory impulse responses (IRs) to choose from including all the IRs from the Axe-Fx II in a convenient “legacy bank” for easy migration. The redesigned Cabinet block features a 4-channel mixer based on our popular Cab-Lab™ software, providing the capability to mix and remix IRs on-the-fly as you would with real mics on a speaker cabinet. Factory content includes selections from the best of today’s IR producers and artists, including Fractal Audio, AustinBuddy, Celestion, ML Sound Lab, Ownhammer, Chris Broderick, John Petrucci, Chris Traynor & James Santiago, Valhallir, York Audio, Dr. Bonkers, and more. An additional 2,048 “User Cab” memories allow you to load Cab Packs (including any of those compatible with the Axe-Fx II) or 3rd party IRs, and a built-in utility allows you to capture and save your own speaker tones (now with 16 “Scratch Pad” locations!) Our celebrated Tone Matching block is also improved, now with the impressive ability to clone the tone of an amp or recording in UltraRes™.

2200 cabs: the legacy cabs and 2048 cabs with plenty by the biggest names in the fractal ir ecosystem.
Plus 2048 user cabs….
I ‘ve got to say, having 1024 user cabs and 2200 cabs baked in…is still an insane amount of cabs.
Maybe I’m not understanding all uses and I apologize if I’m missing something, but it seems like a good compromise to give up half the user cabs. I can’t believe, and again maybe I’m wrong, but other than filling up memory with somebody’s library, who needs it? Is there one player who needs more than 3,224 ultra res cabs in their axe?
less-is-not-more-more-is-more.jpg

I don't need any factory reserved stuff, but I see why they are needed but in these days most of users knows how to download stuff.

Without factory cabs, no factory presets.

Downloading-on-demand is not a reasonable alternative. It’s like forcing users to download and store the fonts for each webpage they’re visiting.

Where some of the responders go “wrong” IMHO, is that the fact that they personally don’t use factory cabs, doesn’t and can’t be applied to all users.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

-Version 17 add a new Block “pickups selector”
100 models, officially licenced by 5 world famous brands (emg, di marzio, Seymour Duncan, bare knuckle, fishman) . Change your guitar pickup in one click !
Excuse me... Is this why all download links about Guitar Vault of PickUp match are offline? (link, link)
thanks...

I'm pretty excited about this what with irs being such a huge part of how an amp sounds and all. The provided samples have a depth to them that- no surprise- I've never been able to nail with cab room parameters or short reverbs, good sounds nonetheless, just different. It will be fun mixing them with high-res irs, maybe just a touch to add some 3D flavor, or using one parallel to a highres fed by a rotary, would be a great with acoustic electrics or piezo equipped guitars too I'd imagine. Possibilities.
I only have the MK1 at the moment and I'm all in for giving up a user or slot for this but even if this doesn't happen- no sweat - just something else to look forward to when I inevitably buy the 4 someday.

It was just a joke it’s fake
1dc4313e3573e4b57253ea11132f3396.jpg

Thinking of it . Having a good working pickups block. For it the only way is that fractal need to release fractal pickups , neutral or almost something to start with . Because without the same start to everyone this thing cannot work good .
got ideas hm . Ideas are always easier than doing them but it’s a start .

Still waiting for years for a clipping system to switch pickups in a second . Imagine …
Don’t know what they do. I m just a musician , not an engineer . But if I was di marzio etc … yes you need to have a clipping system in your guitar , brands needs to play the game but then it’s super cool . More than soldering .

Personally for me, I use IEMs, a real cab & direct with emulation for live

For recording I have more than enough convolution & algorithmic reverbs in my DAW to dial in the ambience I need.

As a Mk1 user honestly I’d be happy either way with keeping all the current User IRs or having user bank 2 for full res.

As this being my first fractal product I’m still amazed at all the features getting added! (The compander on the delay block being a personal favourite!)

For recording I have more than enough convolution & algorithmic reverbs in my DAW to dial in the ambience I need.

As a Mk1 user honestly I’d be happy either way with keeping all the current User IRs or having user bank 2 for full res.
Same here, if it happens awesome! If not that's ok too.

There are three "they" in the sentence which still doesn't make many sense in the context : to load full res IRs into MK I units, we still need to sacrifice one user IRs bank. You can't make an user IR bank downloadable, it has 1024 empty slots. And you can't load full res IRs in a regular IR bank either.

A lot of people would be. If they come to fruition, I feel they should be available separately in the downloads section of the website or better yet, sold as cab packs so they can get paid for their work.

What should be available for download? The user IR banks are empty unless you load something into them. Unless I'm totally misunderstand this, the discussion is about eliminating half of the empty user IR slots, not eliminating any of the IRs that are loaded in the unit from the factory.

There are three "they" in the sentence which still doesn't make many sense in the context : to load full res IRs into MK I units, we still need to sacrifice one user IRs bank. You can't make an user IR bank downloadable, it has 1024 empty slots. And you can't load full res IRs in a regular IR bank either.

Precisely.

FAS decides for themselves whether they want to enclose FullRes IRs in the firmware, and other vendors can sell them if they want.

Having them available as downloads only, without dedicated space in the hardware's memory, makes no sense. The hardware and firmware must be able to store them somewhere and space needs to be created allocated that.

Precisely.

FAS decides for themselves whether they want to enclose FullRes IRs in the firmware, and other vendors can sell them if they want.

Having them available as downloads only, without dedicated space in the hardware's memory, makes no sense. The hardware and firmware must be able to store them somewhere and space needs to be created allocated that.
But if i m interested in only 1 ir for example? I could download only that and anyway decide myself eventually which of my irs delete to make space..

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom