Blastoff!

will be interesting to see what the price ends up here in australia if our dollar contues to stay where it is....

15 day for me, send that return number please too bad Im out 100 bucks more for all that shipping, how bout free return,

will be interesting to see what the price ends up here in australia if our dollar contues to stay where it is....

Heh - I'm willing to bet the local distributor will have it up for $3499 soon... shall we Aussie users open a sweepstake? Nearest to the selling price wins a 12AX7 tube...

Wow!!!!!! Looks like a perfect successor to the Axe-FX. Bravo FAS - well done!

I'm in no rush to purchase an Axe-FX II at this time. I just purchased an Ultra and I've barely scratched the surface. When the countdown started I wondered if I'd be disappointed if FAS announced a new Axe-FX release just weeks after purchasing an Ultra but I'm not at all. The Ultra/FRFR is still the best sounding rig I've ever used. I can watch the new AFX2 mature incrementally through firmware updates while I learn to use the Ultra to it's fullest potential. Then, when I'm ready to upgrade the Ultra will serve as a backup to the Axe-FX II.

I'm looking forward to hearing audio from the AFX2! :)

Last edited:
I thought Cliff said nobody would be dissapointed? Well I am. I feel like an 'apple' customer who's found out their ipad 2 has been superceded by an ipad 3. Well thats progress I suppose. Were we all naive to say the Axe-Fx would end GAS forever?

He said something like "it won't be a let down"

which probably it isn't... for those who can afford it :(

It`s not Cliffs fault that we (me included) have not the money to buy .... I think the Axe-II is really not a let down, right? Every suggestions this forum made in the last years to improve really the magix box as it is represents the Axe-II IMHO ...

looks amazing, but i have to be honest and say that i have mixed feelings about it. there seem to be a lot of features that arose from wish list discussions on this forum and all credit to cliff for listening and including them in the new product, but for those of us who can't afford to upgrade (and maybe never be able to afford it) it feels as if we've put a lot of R&D in, but we won't see the benefits. i hope some of the features make their way down to the ultra (i know most won't be possible, but one can dream)

sim

Looks like my procrastination paid off for once. I almost bought an Ultra a couple months ago. I guess the Fractal Gods were smiling on me, not letting me buy an Ultra in the past couple weeks! Now I just hope I can actually get one of these before this $2k+ really burns a hole in my pocket. If this can used as an official waiting list, PUT ME ON IT!

I'm definitely let down. I just bought an ULTRA and now this. I hope there will be some kind of trade up program, PLEASE! This looks like a great new direction for FAS but I hope I don't have to always say to myself "Boy, If I'd only waited a couple of weeks.

CyberFerret said:
Heh - I'm willing to bet the local distributor will have it up for $3499 soon... shall we Aussie users open a sweepstake? Nearest to the selling price wins a 12AX7 tube...

Yep....
It's unfortunate I guess that's business though....
Bugger!!!

I still want one!!!

TBH, alot of these features can easily make it to the ultra! It's software. I'm sure they coded alot of these for the new hardware, but if they try, it can be done.

But, firmware 11 already sounds like gold! I wonder what the axe fx II will sound like!

I'm definitely let down. I just bought an ULTRA and now this. I hope there will be some kind of trade up program, PLEASE! This looks like a great new direction for FAS but I hope I don't have to always say to myself "Boy, If I'd only waited a couple of weeks.

There was always someone who was going to buy the last of the old models, just as there was with the iPad, iPhone 3 and a decent new Les Paul, it can't be helped. I have had the same for years buying PC components, they are out of date before they arrive at your door. Yeah it sucks but the AxeFX is 5-years old, it's time for an update and the update looks good! v11 firmware feels and sounds great so that's got to be good, right?

Back
Top Bottom