Blastoff!

I'm definitely a little sad ...
I feel for those that just bought a new ultra , especially waiting for so long
was really hoping the new FW may have extended the looper and more IR's ....two of the top things I want!

but saying that it looks looks very impressive and I hope to pull the trigger on one very shortly
the ultra has already given me soooooooooooooooooooo much
best piece of gear hands down

Well, this is working out almost perfectly. I had decided it was time to upgrade my vintage June 2007 Standard to an Ultra (keeping the Standard for a backup!) and I should have all the cash just about the time these become available. SWEET!!!!

Well, looks like I'll be taking advantage of the 15 day return policy tomorrow...

Same here, and my Ultra B-Stock (now I know why they were selling them in the first place) hasn't even arrived; should get here on Tuesday, then will be shipping right back.

It is funny to me how now when the Axe-Fx II is released many people go like: "Yeah Cliff, thanks a million times! This new Axe is so great! It has USB connectivity and input for headphones."
USB and headphones? Does that really mean that much of improvement to you that you would want to buy a 2199 $ unit now?

I never completely understood people who prefered Ultra vs Standard. For 500 euros more you get more delays, eqs, resonator, some synth, vocoder, one more compressor or something, more space for loading patches and 20% faster processor. That`s pretty much it.

We will see what the comparison of people who owned both (so old Axe and new Axe II) will be like.
For example TC Electronic G-Major beats the more expensive (and considered better) G-Force in every single "what-you-get-for-the-price" comparison on the internet.

I own the Axe-FX Standard and it does sound tube like for me. What now?

Some questions of the last 11 pages haven't been answered yet, so I'll bring them up again:
- Can Standard and Ultra presets be loaded into AxeFX II?
- Was FW 11 the last for the old models? (doesn't feel old to me, since I never really waited for a new FW)
- Will there be a new Axe Edit (maybe even compatible to Axe Standard, Ultra AND AxeII) or the beta for Std & Ultra?

And one other thing: I'm sure, someone sooner or later will be missing those input knobs for a real quick change of input gain for different guitars or instruments.

I feel a little dissapointed, I know my Ultra still sounds as good as usual (well, better than ever with the new firmware), but I didn't think it would be replaced so soon. One of the reasons many of us bought the Axe was because of the free updates, and I have the feeling that is coming (or has come) to an end. I won't be able to buy an Axe II, I won't be able to enjoy all new Cliff "epiphanies", which have made me very happy since I bought the Ultra (about 2 years ago), I won't be able to enjoy Jay Mitchell's new IRs, no more preset sharing, etc. And I really feel bad about everyone who bought an Axe in the last months, they have a reason to feel angry.
Anyway, thank you Cliff again for the new firmware, and good luck with your new product.

I don't feel angry in the slightest, My Standard still works just fine. When I have the coin I will buy the Axe ll until then I still have "one" of the greatest amp modelers on the planet.

+1 Also. I actually think it's great to have GAS for something other than a guitar again!! And my standard is sounding better than ever with v.11.

I'm alright. I bought 50 of them when they were at their highest price point and I'm gonna sell them at ... , uh, ...

...?

Oh damn!

facepalm.gif

PS. I just ordered one at G66. Keeping my Ultra as a backup. Selling my Rebel 30 that was my backup.

Last edited:
I don't feel angry in the slightest, My Standard still works just fine. When I have the coin I will buy the Axe ll until then I still have "one" of the greatest amp modelers on the planet.

+1!!!
I've been saving for the foot controller. I will buy one soon, and now I might even be able to upgrade to an Ultra for very little money. I will likely wait on the II for now. With technology it is inevitable that newer models will be released. I paid $1000 for my first pc and then put it out on the curb for trash... It's the world we now live in.

PS. I just ordered one at G66. Keeping my Ultra as a backup. Selling my Rebel 30 that was my backup.[/QUOTE]

Same here, now the wait begins.

any idea on the G66 lead time on the Axe-FX II? i bet it is gonna be a while .... months ....years??

Gonna have to sell My Ultra to fund it, I dread to think how long I am going to have to put up with a Pod til it arrives

Well played Master Cliff, well played.

But.....wait

What is this.................?

A deep rumbling............

Seems vaguely familiar..............

Could it be.............?

its................

Its.........

GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom