Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.03 Release

Thanks much appreciate it - I have latest for everything - what I was confused about is you use fractal bot to load a syx file - I would assume the new usb install takes care of that now and I dont need to load that syx file now ? I think that was a quick fix at the time
I'm not following you...

There is DSP firmware (what you typically load that provides modeling and effects processing).

There is also (occasionally) a USB firmware update. This is for management of the USB interface.

These are two separate things. Each requires to be installed separately. Both are installed with FractalBot.

I just had a strange volume loss of maybe 6db. I'm on this new firmware and I placed the looper in my preset to tweak a little bit and after I was done I took out the looper and saved my preset and then after that all of my presets dropped in volume so I checked everything and all seemed good so I turned off the unit and rebooted and it's now fine and back to the original volume.
Had the same thing happen with the looper. I leveled my scenes and was using the looper to tweak the tones & effects when I had a sudden drop in volume. Amp level was still showing the same value and the meters were the same (just breaking red).

Had the same thing happen with the looper. I leveled my scenes and was using the looper to tweak the tones & effects when I had a sudden drop in volume. Amp level was still showing the same value and the meters were the same (just breaking red).
I wonder what would cause this?

Reading this thread gives me so much joy! And I thought I was a nerd! Whoa! This is at another level. It makes me calm though. I think the battery part of the thread is amazing stuff. Learning and investigating on my own now.

But for the most part I'm just glad I decided to buy the Axe FX III 3 years ago. I have never had a guitar sound at this level, and (!) I've never been able to have my guitar sound under so precise controll. And, the fact that there are additions and updates wich enhance the physical unit is totally awsome.

Currently on 20.02. and waiting to upgrade because of an upcoming gig. But this is awesome. Really eager to try it out! Thank you @FractalAudio

This:

...is literally the point I was making. I've already admitted it's a thing, my problem is with the marketing.

That's what I mean by talking in circles: we were having two separate conversations. You seemed to be trying to convince me of a point I've already ceded.
My bad. Obviously misunderstood.

Back
Top Bottom