Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.03 Release

No, Cliff has reached a point where he longer feels compelled to do or not do the Klone based on what that guy wants. Cliff is free from that guy and that is a win for Cliff! He made this for the people here who appreciate him and enjoy the things he makes. The other dude doesn’t matter.
Yep, you're right. But your post isn't as funny as mine 😛

What an amazing treat for a Friday evening. All the better now I dont have to bother finding batteries for my Klone.
Yeah, at the risk of repeating myself from what I wrote in my first AFX3 impressions: I'm so glad the money we spent goes directly to the guys that do the hard work ; thanks Cliff and all other involved fractal people and beta-testers ; this business model really rocks IMHO!
And what an amazing family I just joined here!

John Mayer is a big Klon user and he’s been using a Fractal lately, I wonder if that was a personal request or just a coincidence…Either way I’m glad that we finally got it, cant wait until it gets released for the FM9! Many thanks 🙏🏻
Maybe, but did you know Cliff said a while back he'd started work on a Klon so maybe it just wasn't up to his standard until now

I didn't notice a significant difference between 20.02 and 20.03 on this. What is your input impedance setting?
Ok, so it was just my imagination. To be fair I didn't directly compare the two firmwares and it was a while since I last played with the axe fuzz, so probably just bad memory.
Input impedance always at 1M for me (can't stand the HF roll-off at lower settings)

Ok, so it was just my imagination. To be fair I didn't directly compare the two firmwares and it was a while since I last played with the axe fuzz, so probably just bad memory.
Input impedance always at 1M for me (can't stand the HF roll-off at lower settings)
All good. I did a rough before and after recording when upgrading based on your comment just in case! Fuzz still sounds great, I just didn’t happen to notice a change in that attribute. After upgrading I tried auto (22k) and 90k.

Curious about the Serial # of the modeled Klon Centaur, to defend against someone A/B testing a Centaur with a different production year and complaining "the model is inaccurate".
Just about all of the original Klons sound different from each other. Some were and still are better sounding than others of the same type (silver, gold, short tail, etc.) Ask anyone who has more than one. They all do that "thing" they do. This model they have added sounds really good. Nothing else really matters.

I haven’t spent an excessive time testing but the new Klone sounds I would say better than my BYOC Silver Pony kit. I may loan that to a friend. It’s a decent kit in my opinion, was worth the soldering fun, but no need for another pedal out front for sure now

I haven’t spent an excessive time testing but the new Klone sounds I would say better than my BYOC Silver Pony kit. I may loan that to a friend. It’s a decent kit in my opinion, was worth the soldering fun, but no need for another pedal out front for sure now
I have a great sounding KTR that I may just have to let go. I may just dump my old board. I'll wait a few months to see if the honeymoon wears off haha

I haven't a chance to go 'balls deep' on this firmware yet, mostly because I keep getting stuck playing. It sounds fantastic though. I don't know if the drive changes affect the Maxoff as well, but it seems to be improved in every preset I have it on. Loving the Chiron too. Pairs very nicely with the 6CA7 plexi.

Really weird, my noise issue with the Klon model disappeared after messing with the bias , then setting it back to 0, now it behaves as expected.. :)

I just had a strange volume loss of maybe 6db. I'm on this new firmware and I placed the looper in my preset to tweak a little bit and after I was done I took out the looper and saved my preset and then after that all of my presets dropped in volume so I checked everything and all seemed good so I turned off the unit and rebooted and it's now fine and back to the original volume.

Back
Top Bottom