Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

Must definitively find some time to try this upgrading from FW 9.04. I'm so damn happy with that one that I'm not sure I'll change; but it must be better. Thanks a lot for this present FAS.

Thanks Cliff and team - this is what makes Fractal so special! I can‘t think of any other company that would provide any updates on legacy product firmware. As others said before: They may not make any money out of these updates DIRECTLY - but it creates super customer retention. Should I ever need to upgrade from my MKII, there‘s no doubt where my money will go... It‘s such a joy to be part of the Fractal Customer Group. The MKII has proven to be a gift that keeps giving. Even after years.

I download Ares 2.0 again and installed it....
Don´t know what´s going wrong the first time...but now it sounds fine to me...:)

Thank You FAS!

I redid my main preset using mesa clean and mark 2C++ on the recto mix IR and it sounds fantastic.
I stopped using the recto red 2 modern because it sounds distorded like there is a metal zone plugged in front, that sucks...

FWIW, I'll be porting some of the Axe-Fx III 9.xx changes this week. I woke up yesterday and figured out a way to use a single modeling data file for all products going forward so we won't have to maintain multiple files.
That's awesome! What's efficient for you is good for us.

Is the LX II actually in production???
Received a text on September 19th - "Hey Eric, you have a $500 deposit on an LXII. They're going to arrive this month and I need to start reserving them. You can opt in or out at this point and choose how you want your deposit to be applied, meaning to apply to LXII, apply to something else, or refund the deposit. Please let me know your preference."
On September 20th, I received an invoice for the balance via email.
I will keep you updated...

Reactions: yek
FWIW, I'll be porting some of the Axe-Fx III 9.xx changes this week. I woke up yesterday and figured out a way to use a single modeling data file for all products going forward so we won't have to maintain multiple files.

Nice! Just started enjoying 2.0, and I will gladly enjoy any new goodies. Thank you in advance!

First Gig with Ares 2.0 last night. Playing with IEM all sounds felt like a compressor was revmoved, more responsive, but also a more slowly reaction. Great for sololines with this more mids tone, especially with Marshall and Friedmantones. The "digital" Highs and Lows got lost. I had to make the guitar louder in the In-Earmix to hear me the same way. The Mesa amps are on the bad side of tons, seem to have lost their punchy ton (MkII C++, MkIV).

Back
Top Bottom