Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

I had done it before. I got a great tone out of the Friedman hbe v2 in quantum 10. After updating to ares 2, I couldn’t replicate the tone exactly and there seemed to be a weird crackling noise. Since then, I discovered the fractal amps and never looked back.
Understand.
What FW are you using now?

I keep my Axe-Fx II mark 1 on 10.01 and still use it live. Even though I have an Axe-Fx III, FC 6, AX8, FM3 and FM9. It's nice that the firmware updates and and re-tweaking all of my Axe-Fx II live presets has stopped. Didn't really hear a big improvement in the 'Ares' update that was worth the time to re-tweak everything.

When the rate of (preset wreaking) updates slows on the Gen 3 units, I will start using them live.

Hello everyone! My AXE FX 2 is currently at quantum 2. Is it possible to upgrade directly to quantum 10? Or do i need to upgrade to q3 and then to q4 and then to q5 and so on?

Any suggestion is most appreciated.

Thanks

You have me complete!! I've been on a gear journey the last couple of years, and I have been going through them all... Helix, Axe Fx, Kemper, Neural DSP (only plugins) Real amps like 6505/Engl Savage 120 Special Edition... and now my journey has ended, and on my desk sits once again an Axe Fx 2 mk2 in mint condition and as soon as I fired it up and dialed for maybe 5 minutes, I new I was home ;) ... thank you Cliff and the rest of the Fractal Pack!!

Back
Top Bottom