AX-8 10.00 Release Candidate #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for AX8 10.00
I just FINALLY had time to install the update from 9.04 tonight.
Sounds great , and the switching is great too. I have my patches set up mono for live , and the updated version of the patch I used on a gig last Friday , had me playing for an hour. I have a drive pedal in front of a jumped 50 watt , and it sounded sooo great without the drive pedal engaged at all now.

Much more like the III - IMO.

I don't know what or how you did it , but ---- Thank you !!

There's a problem with LFO 1 speed when set to e.g. 1/4 and LFO 2 is set to none. It starts with with a doubled speed and first needs changing to another divider then back to 1/4 to be ok again. Unfortunately next time I load the preset I have to redo this procedure. I changed my preset to set LFO 2 to 1/4th as well and everything is fine.

Edit: Funny. Saving the preset to another bank (39-1) and using it from there fixes the issue. Copying it back to the original preset number (30-1) makes it come back.

Does it happens with every effect that has LFOs? (modulation, delay, etc...) or only modifiers?

Don’t know if this was in 9.04 also, but if i load a preset of the blocks library in a block with Y- State, the X-State will be overwritten with that!

Well, I actually noticed less treble indeed .
I find the highs are sweeter and I can increase them more without getting harsh compared to previous FWs. It seems like the harmonic content is sorta more "aligned" with the fundamental, probably more even and less odd harmonics and fizz.
It also seems it has a little more "thump" on the attack.

That is also my feelings, I'm still in public beta 3 and I've raised a bit the treble in my fender models. Now they sound rounder and sweeter, for me fw10 sounds great.

I'm not using LFOs.

And of course I want to upgrade.

But I'll wait. I think I'll wait. I believe I'll wait.

.so.....is the official nomenclature of the firmware Quantum 10.x, AX8 10.x, Ares 10,x or perhaps...QuantAres 10.x.....? (Not that it makes a helluva lot of difference...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom