AX-8 10.00 Release Candidate #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not updated yet. is this a betta version? From where do you get all the info about the changes and updates of this version? the only thing that is written is:
"Should fix the lag problems when controllers are attached to the amp block"....
Read the release notes that come with the download. ;)

Well, they did announce what amps were being added for this update.
Plus, Matt announced he had the breakthrough on the Tri Stereo before it was released for the Axe3.
So, was just wondering if the Axe8 was able to run that block or is it just too much for it to process?
Was just posting for a hopeful response from someone who might know (someone from Fractal).

Last edited:
I updated to this current firmware last night. So far so awesome! I’m playing it in a church worship band this morning, so I’m not able to play all the crazy licks that I know really loud yet... but ......... tonight... I have a jazz gig, and I will play some of them! At least one with a #4 or a b9 in it.

Ran through our full set at rehearsal today with RC2 with no issues. I’ll use it for real at our gig next Saturday night. Sounds amazing. Didn’t have to tweak anything. Just sounds and feels better. Definitely in no hurry now to make the switch to gigging my III instead of my AX8. Not sure what all of Ares was able to be squeezed into the AX8 but it is fantastic. Well done FAS.

Here's a preset to reproduce the LFO bug. Install it into preset location 30-8. Clear preset 30-7. Select the LFO test and toggle the speed to 1/4 then back to 1/8. Save the preset and try to memorize its speed. Then switch to preset 30-7 and back to 30-8. You'll notice the LFO runs faster now.
I downloaded your preset and followed your instructions. I still can't reproduce this. Every time I revisit the LFO Test preset, I get the same result: 1/8 note at 120 BPS = 4 LFO cycles per second. I verified against the clock on my wall.

However, no matter where you store the preset, when re-loading it and opening the LFO controller page the frequency displayed is set to a different value even if the effective LFO speed didn't change (this might be a separate or no issue at all).
This appears to be an AX8-Edit issue. The displayed LFO frequency isn't updated in AX8-Edit until you perform another action. If you happen to have the LFO page pulled up on the front panel when you change presets, the correct frequency is displayed immediately in AX8-Edit. I've reported this as an AX8-Edit bug. Good catch.

Had the lockup again at church this morning.

Unit sat for about 20 minutes with tuner on.

No sound from unit. Had to power cycle.

FW 10 RC2.

Attachments

• REDBlu with OH.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 8
I've gigged my RC2 all week! Tuesday evening, Thursday evening rehearsal, gig last night, this morning, and just an hour ago at a rehearsal. I cannot say I've experienced any issues, thank the Lord! and the fine people at FAS! However, I'm not using the unit as in-depth as I see others are. I'm not even sure what LFO is... I haven't had any issues with freezing, or having to power-cycle. Earlier today when I was practicing, my AX8 powered off by itself, but I attributed this to my power-cable not being plugged all the way in... Other than that, RC2 has been phenomenal!

I downloaded your preset and followed your instructions. I still can't reproduce this. Every time I revisit the LFO Test preset, I get the same result: 1/8 note at 120 BPS = 4 LFO cycles per second. I verified against the clock on my wall ...

I can record an audio/video if that helps but I fear as long as you can't reproduce it it won't get fixed.

Had a small rehearsal last night, Fender cleans were fantastic and had a few min with the new amp models on their own, sounded even better up loud - but then we all know that!

Big thanks to Cliff & FAS for working their a###s off to bring us this update

I've just upgraded.

It sounds very good to me. Maybe I'm... Conditioned because of my wishes an for what I read here, but I think fenders sound more realistic.

I made a preset with a twin and the new Friedman 2018, each one with its own cab and its own scene.

The non-aggressive gap when changing from one scene to the other makes it very usable.

Those two things (I haven't explored it very deeply) make me think that the new firmware is a gigantic step.

I really enjoyed 9.04, but this is, surprisingly, much better. I mean I didn't believe it could get "much" better.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I've just upgraded.

It sounds very good to me. Maybe I'm... Conditioned because of my wishes an for what I read here, but I think fenders sound more realistic.

I made a preset with a twin and the new Friedman 2018, each one with their own cab and their own scene.

The non-aggressive gap when changing from one scene to the other one is very usable.

Those two things make me think that the new firmware is a gigantic step.

I really enjoyed 9.04, but this is, surprisingly, much better. I mean I couldn't think it could get "much" better.

Sam here, the Fenders felt like I was stood in front of the real amps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom