You Guys/Gals Are in for Another Treat

Hope to have a private beta soon.

I've finished about 15 amps, which is around 30-40 models. It will take several weeks to go through all the amps.

I finished the 57 Tweed Deluxe today and it's glorious. Clean to "Cinammon Girl" with the volume knob. I never appreciated that amp until I spent some serious time with it.
Several years ago I sent you my 58 Tweed Deluxe to model as the first Deluxe Tweed for FAS. I'm curious to know if there's any DNA of that specific amp left in the current model. I totally look forward to playing the latest iteration. My Deluxe is as you describe, clean to awesome drive just with the volume knob.

I used to mostly play BF Fender stuff and when people would talk about just playing using the volume knob, I didn't get it. Maybe I could never turn them up loud enough. For me (with the exception of my BF Princeton reverb) the amps were too loud and/or too flubby by the time they drove satisfactorily, so I'd always use drive pedals. When I got the 58 Deluxe, the light bulb went on and I understood how you could do an entire gig from clean to driven just with the volume knob. I also understood what the bridge pickup of a tele was for. The brightness of the bridge pickup into the tweed deluxe rolling off the highs creates a beautiful combination. I also love using a drive pedal with the Tweed Deluxe, too. With the volume low, it's a beautiful clean sound, too. Not a ton of headroom, but super clear if not too loud.

Last edited:
wondering about the amps not in Fractals posession anymore; will they benefit from this or will new measurements be needed?
From the talk so far, I think that all amps will benefit. I think it's less about the quality/accuracy of way the models are built and more about the models responding/behaving more accurately.

My assumption is partly based on the face that there are entire amp models (the FAS ones) that aren't based on real circuits, but rather built digitally. Part of Cliff's magic is that the models are actually digital emulations and not just soundalikes. So if he does something that makes any part of the emulation process better, it should apply to any of the models that use that (which, in this case, seems to be all of them).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom