Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

you are loading a preset onto the Axe-FX with Fractal Bot and store the preset right?

if you don't store the preset, nothing will be sent to the MFC. nothing gets stored on the MFC in "axe" mode, it is just receiving data from the Axe-FX. when you load a preset onto the Axe-FX, you are NOT sending any data to the MFC.

you may have to change presets after storing as well to make the Axe-FX tell the MFC what is going on.

Yeah I noticed. I thought it would load on the MFC also, from just sending it from the Axe Edit.

Ok so I finally hooked my axe fx to my Dumble using Yek's amazing presets. I hooked fx out of Axe into return loop on amp.
When i am in the return all controls of the amp have no effect as the signal is routed straight to the power tubes :)
It sounds awesome for the most part.
My problem is volume variance between presets.
I noticed on the fx block the gain on the second page usually set -80db doesn't seem to do much?
What is the best way to customize each patch for volume? Should I alter the level in Amp setting?
or adjust the main slider in the fx block, finally how do all these changes work with the output knob 2 on the front of the axe?
Example when I select the plexi 100 watt preset I was blown across the room and down the block. Turning down the volume on the front of the
axe seems to help but with other presets not as much?
Also realized this is what I have been missing all along as I was not happy with the sound going through my RCF's
Will be ordering a matrix gf1000 soon as it will probably work better than using the effects loop of my guitar amp.
Whats the difference of using a fx block vs just hooking up output two to the return? If I am bypassing the cab IR and output simulation globally?

Dumble? :shock

Yes, there can be level diferences. Use Amp Level to adjust.

I cleared preset 001 (which was a copy of 000, with amps in a different order). Now using PC Mapping Mode, where PC001 is mapped to PC000, Scene 2. I can now use the 2nd preset switch on the MFC to switch to my dirty tone (preset 000, scene 2).

Switched my cab for dirty tones from 4x12 Basketweave TV into Basketweave Green.

TalkBox preset: changed the modifier.
Fuzz preset: replaced FaceFuzz with Bender Fuzz.
Clavinet preset: deleted.
Clockwork preset: deleted.

Finetuned the "amp collection". Changed many into user cabs (IRs from Fractals Producer Pack Cab and OwnHammer). To change to stock cabs, see the number in the preset title.

Changed the Wah modifier.

Increased LowCut in TS808 block to 400Hz.

Last edited:
Yup, I do sometimes. And sometimes not. :) It just depends on the room etc.

Hi Yek,

Thanks for the updated presets :)
I'm having another stab at V10 after reverting to 9.02 for gigging continuity so I'm gonna use your preset templates as the baseline.

Notice in the Amp collection you are using a lot of user cabs. Would you care to tell us which ones so I can go purchase them and slot them in to get the true Yek experience :mrgreen

Thanks so much for your hard work :)

Hi Yek,

Thanks for the updated presets :)
I'm having another stab at V10 after reverting to 9.02 for gigging continuity so I'm gonna use your preset templates as the baseline.

Notice in the Amp collection you are using a lot of user cabs. Would you care to tell us which ones so I can go purchase them and slot them in to get the true Yek experience :mrgreen

Thanks so much for your hard work :)

It works like this. My preset 60 is an AC-15.

It uses user cabs. You'll see the number 83 in its title. This means that the equivalent stock cab is the Class-A 15w Mix. So to get a similar tone, use stock cab 83.

The Class-A 15w Mix stock cab is part of Fractal's Producer Cab Pack:
Fractal Audio Systems Cab Pack One - WELLSPRING SOUND -Impulse Response (IR) Collection for the Axe-Fx II, Axe-Fx Ultra, Axe-Fx Standard.

Buy the Producer Cab Pack to get the individual IRs.
For ex. the Class-A 15w SM57-N and Royer 121-N cabs.

For the V30s sound, I'm using OwnHammer's new Mesa V32 2.1 library.
Sounds much better than the 4x12 Recto (OH).
Indicated by "OHV30" in the preset's title.

EDIT: in my latest uploaded preset collection i use stock cabs again.

Last edited:
Yup, I do sometimes. And sometimes not. :) It just depends on the room etc.

I always run the Axe straight to the FOH. But I have dual chains on all presets, so I can always plug Out2 into the return on an amp. That is for stage sound purposes only, and I never mic the cab. Anyway, I have noticed big differences from cab to cab. E.g. yesterday I used a Marshall cab and I had to take down the high frequencies on Out2 a lot!

Reactions: yek
Files in OP updated.

The presets work equally well through FR (CLR, Adam A7X) as through poweramp/cab (EVM+G12H30).
I think this is one of my most balanced and satisfying sets so far, based on 10.xx.

• Amp types changes in presets 000 and 002. Clean is Vibro-King. Main lead tone now is the Jubilee (Rock), and ODS. Moved Plexi and HBE to presets 60 and higher.
  • Optimized the presets for better stereo separation. Added the Enhancer to some. Changed the Delay to Ping-Pong to avoid phase cancellation. Don't worry if you're running mono, the stereo optimization won't affect the mono signal.
  • Both Global EQs set to default now. Applying lowcut / hicut in Cab block (slightly different for X/Y to accomodate clean/dirty tones).
  • Changed IRs in Cab block. To make it represent my real cabinet's tone more, I added the 4x12 EVM Mix to both X and Y, together with the Basketweave TV Mix. As soon as a good mixing solution is available, I'm going to mix the Basketweave TV Mix and Basketweave Green Mix, and mix the result with the EVM 12L Mix.
  • Drive block: changed lowcut in TS808 block back to 700Hz.
  • Drive block: switched from RC Booster to FET Boost.
  • Small adjustments in Comp, Phaser, Vibe.
  • Added Pitch 2 block to some presets to provide a "rising pitch" special effect.
  • Removed external 3 from Delay block.
  • Preset changes: added "Phase 100", moved Vibrato, added Dive, and other stuff.
Presets 60 and higher:
  • Simplified the grid layout.
  • Changed cabs back to stock. Except for V30 cabs: OwnHammer Mesa V32 library, see OP.
MFC:
  • Removed Drive X/Y switch.
  • Added switch for External 5 (Pitch 2, see above).
  • Removed External 3 switch (extra Delay).
P.S. I removed some of the posts to keep the thread "focussed".

Last edited:
Yek...Thanks a lot for the presets...awesome awesome.

Quick request for help...I downloaded the file that has the bank and the system.syx file. How to I upload the system.sys file to the axe?

Thanks

You can use Fractal-Bot for this.
Version 1.1 of the Bot lets you send user and system banks to the Axe-Fx.

Yek...Thanks a lot for the presets...awesome awesome.

Quick request for help...I downloaded the file that has the bank and the system.syx file. How to I upload the system.sys file to the axe?

Thanks

Ebow.ChOrg
Combines two different sounds (2 scenes) in a single preset.
Ebow: (sort of) an Ebow simulation. Based on a preset by Javajunkie. Mute the strings before hitting a note or chord to make the automated volume swells work. Use an expression pedal (Ext1) for sustain.
ChOrg = church organ. Based on a preset by Raca. Use an expression pedal (Ext1) after hitting the note or chord to fade in massive pitchshifted notes.

Really like the E-Bow preset! But you say it combines two scenes in one presets, but I have to change scene in order to activate the organs. Is it possible to activate the organs and the other effect at the same time and to control them by two different EXPs or will the CPU be to high?

Can be done. Insert a mixer block and attach pedal controlled modifiers to the respective paths. The CPU stays the same regardless which blocks are active or bypassed.

Back
Top Bottom