Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

Ebow.ChOrg
Combines two different sounds (2 scenes) in a single preset.
Ebow: (sort of) an Ebow simulation. Based on a preset by Javajunkie. Mute the strings before hitting a note or chord to make the automated volume swells work. Use an expression pedal (Ext1) for sustain.
ChOrg = church organ. Based on a preset by Raca. Use an expression pedal (Ext1) after hitting the note or chord to fade in massive pitchshifted notes.

Really like the E-Bow preset! But you say it combines two scenes in one presets, but I have to change scene in order to activate the organs. Is it possible to activate the organs and the other effect at the same time and to control them by two different EXPs or will the CPU be to high?

I mean that the preset provides two sounds but not simultaneously, you have to switch scenes for each sound.
You can activate both, combining them in one scene. There's no CPU penalty, as the blocks are already present in the preset.

Many of the presets give CPU overload. Best to solve this by splitting the presets in the various scenes?

That's strange. Not doing that here. Disconnect the USB connection to save CPU usage. Or switch to a LoRes mono Cab block.

Thanks. I'm extremely happy with all the tones. Even if it may not not seem so because I always keep changing stuff.

And thank you again for that great A3 preset. I added it to my main presets yesterday.

Files updated today.

- Returned to Twin Reverb for clean tones.
- Not using the RC Booster (Drive 1 "Y") anymore. Just the Tubescreamer model with Mix at 80% (thanks AustinBuddy). Works well to beef up clean tones and smooth out dirty tones.
- Some trimming to decrease CPU usage.
- Shuffeld some presets / scenes around for better access during live performance.
- Added Detune effect to my main presets.
- Modified the Envelope Filter preset.
- Increased shimmer level in some presets.
- Slowed down the phaser's fast rate.
- Added 13scott's Mysterious Ways preset to the collection ("A3").
- Finetuned the acoustic sim preset.
- Adjusted Wah modifier.
- Various tone and effect adjustments.
- Added tap tempo functionality to effect blocks (instead of fixed rate).
- Some changes in amp collection (presets 60 and higher).
- Removed the "mid boost" PEQ.

MFC:
- No more PC Mapping.
- Added Amp XY switch.
- Combined switch ("alt.SPEED") for Wah/Whammy and Rotary/Tremolo/Phaser/Vibe rate.
- Changed Tuner switch to Tap+Tuner.
- Added Pitch2 switch for detune effect.

Last edited:
Hi Yek, I got fixated with just the first preset and the drive and Ampx/y - sounds really great. Can't try out some of the others as I think they must have your user cabs....?

Hi Yek, I got fixated with just the first preset and the drive and Ampx/y - sounds really great. Can't try out some of the others as I think they must have your user cabs....?

Hugo, in most presets the Cab should be Basketweave TV Mix plus EVM 12L Mix.
If I forgot to save that state in the preset bank file, just change the Cab to that.

Last edited:
The 'main' presets consist of only 2 preset files. One rhythm, one lead.

A follow-up on some PMs I received:

If you're using the preset bank file (Bank A) instead of the separate presets, you MUST use the supplied System bank too.

Otherwise many amp blocks will be set to Bassguy 59, cabs will be set to 1x6 Oval, levels will be clipping etc.

That's because the effect blocks in the Bank A presets are linked to global data. The required global data resides in the supplied System bank.

If you do not upload the supplied system data, these presets will fetch data from the current system area in your Axe-Fx, which is the wrong data or which doesn't exist.

Hi Yek, am I wrong or you haven't uploaded your updated amps zip?
Thanks
Diego

Good observation. :)

Reason: I can't bulk-export presets with uninked globals anymore from Axe-Manage. I have to dump them one by one. Tedious, so I skipped the "amp collection" this time.

You can retrieve them from the Bank A file though. The amp and cab blocks in there are not global blocks.

Thanks Yek, your work helped get me going from my Ultra purchase way back to the II now. Much appreciated!

Reactions: yek
Here's a real dumb question: you said, "OUT2: Power Amp and Guitar Cab.The FXL block in each preset feeds a power amp and guitar cab through OUT2. No Cab simulation"

My power amp just died, so tonight, I won't be playing output 2 through amp/cab; instead, I'll be going FR from both outputs--straight to FOH with output 1 and into a powered monitor (Yamaha DX112) with output 2. I can't figure out how to turn the cab simulation back on in output 2!

I hate to admit it: I only used your concepts (from looking at how you set up your main patches) to learn so much from your 'outside the box' thinking. I've never actually listened to your patches! I am gonna save all my stuff (what is the best way to do this these days folks, Fractal Bot?), load yours WITH your global blocks, and just experiment with 'em tomorrow.

You, Cobbler, Scott Peterson, JavaJunkie and several others are the HEART of this community. THANK YOU!

Back
Top Bottom