Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

Found what seems to be a quick fix: I just turned on "Copy Out1 to Out2" in the I/O Audio menu.

That won't work. If a preset has a FXL block in it (all my presets do), Copy OUT1 to OUT2 has no effect.

A quick fix: remove the FXL block from the presets you'll be using, and then enable Copy Out1 to Out2.

Yek,

Much Love and Thanks for your awesome contribution. It has expanded my knowledge of the Fractal World better. Thanks.... I have a few questions I hope You would have the time to answer. first when you set the Grid Template and Global Blocks does this keep the same settings for all the presets and if it does how do I set it up? Also in your preset description when you say Use the expression pedal (Ext1) for the sound effect what exactly do you mean as far as setup? Any help would be greatly appreciated......

Love & Peace,

David

Hope Yek doesn't mind me answering this :|, but unless you do all the reading (Wiki etc) there's only one way to understand, which is to download Yek's system, apply all the settings exactly as he's laid them out, then see how it works.

Yek,

Much Love and Thanks for your awesome contribution. It has expanded my knowledge of the Fractal World better. Thanks.... I have a few questions I hope You would have the time to answer. first when you set the Grid Template and Global Blocks does this keep the same settings for all the presets and if it does how do I set it up? Also in your preset description when you say Use the expression pedal (Ext1) for the sound effect what exactly do you mean as far as setup? Any help would be greatly appreciated......

Love & Peace,

David

Hi David,
before trying my presets and approach, it's better to dive into the Axe-Fx yourself and learn all about it by own experience.
Your questions concern basics, which are covered well in the manual and wiki.

Files in OP updated.

Axe-Fx:

• Switched to Komet for clean tones with body.
  • Added a saturated BE-variation to the main preset for higher gain (scene 4).
  • Preset 004 now has the lead tones, and the Morgan AC20.
  • Decreased Boost (global GEQ2 block) with 0.5 dB.
  • Increased level in all presets by 2 dB.
  • Changed default reverb (global block) to Spring Reverb.
  • Adjusted Wah modifier/settings.
  • Higher Tone value in Drive block.
  • All Cab blocks set to X.
  • Changed gate settings in some presets.
  • Better fuzz tone.
  • Better acoustic preset.
  • Various adjustments in other fx presets.
  • Adjusted order of presets.
  • Presets 1, 2 and 3 are empty now because they're mapped to scenes within preset 000.
MFC:
  • Single-click-access to main clean and crunch tones from any preset/bank.
  • First 4 preset switches in Bank 1 switch to scenes within preset 000, using PC Mapping.
  • The Scene switches do the same (when in Bank 1), but do not revert to saved states anymore (Scene Revert is Off).
  • Reordered other IA's.

Thanks for the update Alexander, a nice layout indeed....
Do you use personally the 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix + 4x12 Rumble EV12L Mix, or still using the Fractal's Producer Pack Cab?
cheers

Thanks for the update Alexander, a nice layout indeed....
Do you use personally the 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix + 4x12 Rumble EV12L Mix, or still using the Fractal's Producer Pack Cab?
cheers

Switched to stock cabs just for posting here.
I'm using the commercial 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix (Royer 121) and 4x12 Rumble EV12L Mix (SM57) myself.

Amazing, downloaded everything and read everything. Now comes the hard part, trying to find time to get all this in the II and start using it. Thanks so much Yek, this is truly astounding and providing your experience and wealth of knowledge to the FAS board is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: yek
A very noob question:

Could anyone please provide the steps involved in downloading and auditioning Yek's presets? I am using an iMac with the current iOS, and it is connected to my Axe-FX II vs USB.

Thank you.

Use fractal bot and send the preset as syx. The patch will be uploaded to the axe and you can then save it to any patch number you like.

Guitardoc,

I downloaded the latest version of Fractal Bot, and it works perfectly. Finally, I can download other's patches with ease and save those I like in a flash.

I feel so empowered!

Yek,

while I'm checking your "setup" I get confused about this mapped presets. How does this work and why do you choose to do it that way?

I loaded your complete global system by the way.

Mapping presets to scenes makes it possible to engage scenes directly, by using a preset switch.

Normally, to access preset 1, scene 3, you would have to press the preset #1 switch and then the scene #3 switch. By mapping preset 5 to preset 1, scene 3, you can just push preset switch #5.

Thanks Yek.

Ok I see the main or maybe only benefit is to have one button to get Preset # with Scene #. You do it this way due to you are using MFC and that's the way to set up patches/presets to get P#S# with one button?

Mapping has more benefits. For ex. maybe your favorite presets are scattered all over on the hardware. By using mapping you can still have them in one bank on the MFC.

Actually I'm not using mapping currently anymore. Other requirements made me change the system. I'll post it soon.

Files in OP updated.

Because of current needs I changed the way the first 5 presets are organized (main rhythm and lead tones). No more PC mapping.

Preset 000: various clean tones, and a lead.
Preset 001: various crunch tones, and a lead.
Preset 002: various rock tones, and a lead.
Preset 003: various higher gain tones, and a lead.
Preset 004: various lead tones.

In these presets, scene 1 is my current favorite tone.

Other changes:

- Drive: changed settings to work better with clean as well as dirty tones.
- Added Delay 2 block for long and loud delay.
- Checked the noise gate settings in all presets.
- Optimized fuzz.
- Optimized vibe.
- Changed to spring reverb.
- Optimized acoustic sim. preset. (external Taylor IR no longer used).
- Increased all preset levels with 2 dB.
- Optimized Mutron preset.
- Adjusted GEQ2 level (solo boosts).
- Optimized wah.
- Added presets: Treble Boost and Crystals.

I/O menu:

- Scene Revert: on.
- Mapping: off.

MFC:

- Changed layout of switches, see picture and description in OP.

Note that when connecting through USB, CPU usage may get high with some presets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom