Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

There have been reports on the forum of AE 1.90 issues with block parameters.
I don't know, I always use the front panel. I only use AE 1.90 for bulk exports, which works well.
I'd say, if possible, stick to the front panel for preset editing.

Using the CLR for amplification at the moment. The CLR truly is the best FR monitor I've ever used.
Other band members are amazed by its clarity, balance and detailed sound.
Works well for rehearsals and stages. For small gigs I'll still use my Matrix power amp and 2x12.

Last edited:
Amazing! Thanks for Lonely Boy. I was just about to re-build my patch for that for v10, but this one sounds better than my one before!

Updated the files in the OP.

Main presets:
- some different amps.
- changes in global amps.
- clean global amp always has 4x12 EVM cab. All other global amps have 4x12 Marshall TV cab.

Amp collection:
- finetuned tone and gain.
- changed some cabs.
- all cabs are now stereo.

Special sounds:
- optimized Acousim preset.
- slight reorder of presets.

MFC:
- changed position of P.000 switch.

Last edited:
Hi Yek,

Thanks again, but did you change something in the bank file to download with the linked blocks?
Its only 2kb it's it bit small the original was 888 kb.

Greets

I changed it to a zip file. This forum sometimes has problems with syx files. Download again.

Last edited:
Finally got to try these and I love 'em! :) I remember when I first bought the Ultra and was a bit disappointed with the factory presets. I almost sold the whole thing right away BUT.. then I got the AE working and stumbled upon to Yek's presets. BANG! Axe camper every since. :D

Reactions: yek
Thanks for the reply! Just hooked up a FRFR monitor and they sound great through the cab sims. I guess is my cab that need some extra hours of tweaking on the axe to sound better.

Thanks!

Thanks for your great presets Yek. I was reading the answer you gave to a forum nenber having problems with amp-cab setup. I've having the same problems with amp-cab setup. With FRFR i have no problems. How should i setup a patch for use with amp=cab? I.ve seen some patches using FX loop. How sholud i set this up?

Thanks

Hi Yek,
Thanks for uploading your new v10 banks. I do learn a lot from studying your presets.

I have two questions:
- when do you use the PEQ-block after the cab? Is that unbypassed when going direct FOH?
- with the new IR's there is no need to do a low/hi-cut anymore when going direct to FOH?

Thanks for any reply.

Hey Alexander, looked on Soundcloud and found a harmonizer sound (no one knows - intelligent pitch shifting; "7 months ago") that obviously is coming out smoother those that I created myself; guess there's some small trick in there I missed on the fly. Can I pick up these settings somewhere in this forum ?
Thanks & tot ziens ;-)

Hi Yek,
Thanks for uploading your new v10 banks. I do learn a lot from studying your presets.

I have two questions:
- when do you use the PEQ-block after the cab? Is that unbypassed when going direct FOH?
- with the new IR's there is no need to do a low/hi-cut anymore when going direct to FOH?

Thanks for any reply.

The last PEQ is used to boost the low mids. This adds to the "feel" ("thump") when using FR monitoring.
Based on this thread.
I only use it when using FR monitoring live. This also affects the FOH signal but that's not a problem.
I un-bypass the block using I/O > MIDI > Initial Value Ext Ctrl 4 (works globally; only needed to do once).

I apply lowcut and hi-cut for my own tone when necessary. Regarding FOH: I leave it to the soundguy to scape the tone he wants.
Lowcut in Cab block is at minimum 70Hz. On occasion I may increase this to 100 - 120 - 150.

Last edited:
There have been reports on the forum of AE 1.90 issues with block parameters.
I don't know, I always use the front panel. I only use AE 1.90 for bulk exports, which works well.
I'd say, if possible, stick to the front panel for preset editing.

Using the CLR for amplification at the moment. The CLR truly is the best FR monitor I've ever used.
Other band members are amazed by its clarity, balance and detailed sound.
Works well for rehearsals and stages. For small gigs I'll still use my Matrix power amp and 2x12.

This effectively confirms some pb I had yesterday trying to tweak with 1.9 from the screen. At a certain point I was not knowing where things were going and preferred a "hard reset" of the unit (on/off...) to be sure not to valid imprevisible changes. Tweaking via the frontpanel is my personnal conviction for the time being. Copy and paste of blocks work OK as far as I could expérience. Viva AE2. But sounds are incredible, can't stop playing and so much less tweaking.

Global EQ settings depend on room and amplification (lowest slider is always all the way down)

Thanks for sharing Yek! Quick question: I already use low/hi cab cut at 120/7,500... should I still cut from the EQ as you suggested for gig volume?

Thanks for sharing Yek! Quick question: I already use low/hi cab cut at 120/7,500... should I still cut from the EQ as you suggested for gig volume?

If your sound always goes through the Cab block, then there's no need to use the global EQ in addition to it.

I use a lot of global blocks in my presets. I unlinked them for your convenience

May I ask another question? :)

I downloaded your presets and having alot of fun playing through them. I did not download the global/system banks, but in the global EQ, do you also cut the low ends (as with the PEQ)? I enabled the PEQ in the preset (since I'm playing at gig volume), and sounds killer in the mix. Wanted to know if you also do a low cut with the global EQ or leave it flat.

Also, I tried to enable the PEQ (using the FX BYP button in the front panel) but it's not letting me activate :( I'm not using Axe Edit, only front of panel. Is there something else I need to do to engage that block?

Both your rhythm and clean presets sound AMAZING! Might have to "borrow" them for my next gig :)

Thanks again \m/ \m/

Back
Top Bottom