Xotic AC setting

Both those pedals sound identical to my real copies here. The wahs also behave just like the real versions. I can't fix something that isn't broken.

the AC and BB are almost the only drives that I use, and I've encountered zero negative changes in the last few FW updates...just saying..

I will keep plugging away and see if I can get it any closer to the real thing,
I'm getting some great sounds, but I really want the Xotic AC tone and I'm not there yet, if I can't get it I will get hold of a G-lab midi looper and use my pedal (even though it defeats the object of changing from a G-system to the Axefx.
But hey, it's a few days befor my first Axefx gig so I will keep trying.

And speaking of my first Axefx gig, I have set the drive to the X/Y controls as I will need to adjust the level of the overdrive with the clean rhythm, is this the best way to do it?
Once I get my drive level and tone using the A B C D controls, will I just be able to hit store so it will keep those levels?

I will keep plugging away and see if I can get it any closer to the real thing,
I'm getting some great sounds, but I really want the Xotic AC tone and I'm not there yet, if I can't get it I will get hold of a G-lab midi looper and use my pedal (even though it defeats the object of changing from a G-system to the Axefx.
But hey, it's a few days befor my first Axefx gig so I will keep trying.

And speaking of my first Axefx gig, I have set the drive to the X/Y controls as I will need to adjust the level of the overdrive with the clean rhythm, is this the best way to do it?
Once I get my drive level and tone using the A B C D controls, will I just be able to hit store so it will keep those levels?

You can use scene controllers for this. Go to the level parameter, in the modifier edit menu set modifier source to scene 1. Set a min/max that makes sense. Then go to controller menu and set the percentage of scene controller 1 to what you want the level to be in each scene.

I've only played the real one a couple of times and I think the axefx version is pretty true to nature.

Currently I've got two live patches I use with the AC as the drive pedal:

Clean Fender
D:4
T:7.5
L:10

Dirty Vox AC30
D:3
T:9
L:8

Both those pedals sound identical to my real copies here. The wahs also behave just like the real versions. I can't fix something that isn't broken.
Surely you'll agree we need a "Battery brand" parameter... ;)
For the most true-to-life experience, you can introduce your Zero Code Algorithm™ :D

Last edited:
Really nice sounds here Tyler !

I've only played the real one a couple of times and I think the axefx version is pretty true to nature.

Currently I've got two live patches I use with the AC as the drive pedal:

Clean Fender
D:4
T:7.5
L:10

Dirty Vox AC30
D:3
T:9
L:8

I started getting somewhere a bit nearer to the tone of my Xotic AC pedal by using the BB emulation......
Still the pedal is a little 'looser' but I think that could be resolved in the midrange area. The problem is I seem to get close, but not quite there, and as I fiddle with it in time I tend to get further away from the sound. But last night I felt I was getting quite close. I even put a RC in front to give it a little more push for more aggressive solos (I have this in my old pedal board setup)

I'm really looking forward to trying it out tomorrow nigh in my first gig with the Axefx.
My big worry though is still the levels between the clean and solo sounds (along with the tone).
Is there any way I can have the quick controls for the AC (using the A B C D ) on the screen all of the time, as it changes when I press other pedals etc..... So during a solo I will need to press Layout then select the drive block in question, then hit Edit then adjust to taste - But my solo would be over by then.
I need a way to make a quick adjust.

I did it, my first gig with the Axefx and it was great. I found that the BB was a closer sound to the AC than the AC emulation and I managed to nail it. I put an expression pedal on to the level of the drive. The sound was fantastic. I used the 4cm with my Messa Boogie Mank V amp (clean channel only) my clean sound was a little gritty so I need to sort that out somehow (I don't have any Amps or cab blocks), but apart from that I loved it.

Back
Top Bottom