Xitone Build Time

He told me he had dental surgery. However, a few weeks later he texted me that he was busy at birthday party then playing a gig later....so you decide.
Yeah, there has been a series of excuses and false promises over the 2+ years I've been dealing with him.

Yeah guys....Mic flaked on any correspondence with regards to a power amp that went down inside his cab. It going down was not his fault, but he never replied to several emails and PM's. I sourced one and replaced amp. He built a great cab that I still enjoy and use daily 6 years later, but he does not seem reliable and I would not order from him again unfortunately. My experience plus the added multi excuses he had given to others above, makes it a probable long wait at best.

It’s been 6 weeks since he told me the supply chain was 6-8 weeks out. I think it’s time to see if I can get a response again…Not holding my breath…

Years ago, when he first started building cabs, it was clear to me that this was nothing but a hobby for him. That turns out to have been the case. It has since become clear that, not only has he been unable to build a sustainable business, he has not built an honest business. The former is excusable, the latter is not.

Reactions: ESW
Glad I got mine when I did - yikes!

Sucks, cause I remember reading this about the one silver screw on his cabs:
"As for the silver screw... it's been a trademark thing from the very beginning for XiTone. The meaning is this: If you think about it, that screw is doing the same work as every other screw in the cab but it looks different. Every time I install one, it serves as a reminder for me to treat everyone like I'd like to be treated, no matter what. Kinda my little take on the Golden Rule. (this also applies to the way I try to handle customer service.)"

Glad I got mine when I did - yikes!

Sucks, cause I remember reading this about the one silver screw on his cabs:
"As for the silver screw... it's been a trademark thing from the very beginning for XiTone. The meaning is this: If you think about it, that screw is doing the same work as every other screw in the cab but it looks different. Every time I install one, it serves as a reminder for me to treat everyone like I'd like to be treated, no matter what. Kinda my little take on the Golden Rule. (this also applies to the way I try to handle customer service.)"
That is funny. I have 1 silver screw on mine as well and thought he ran out and was lazy!

That is funny. I have 1 silver screw on mine as well and thought he ran out and was lazy!
Definitely intentional... I got the same reply as @TravisG406 when bought a new Xitone and noticed the same. I already had a used one with the same silver screw, but when the new one showed up the same I was certain it was intentional.

I have to say, this thread really bums me out because I always had great interactions with Mic and found him to be reliable, friendly and personable.

No skin in this game personally, but it really seems like he's had some kind(s) of setback(s), external and/or internal, that keep him from stepping up to the plate.

Really a shame he can't just talk about it honestly. There are a lot of people who used to be on his side. If he'd just be straight with folks, people would still want the gear they paid for, but at least some would probably cut him some slack for hardship.

At this point though, given the sheer number of broken promises, with no explanation, he's really burning bridges.

Definitely intentional... I got the same reply as @TravisG406 when bought a new Xitone and noticed the same. I already had a used one with the same silver screw, but when the new one showed up the same I was certain it was intentional.

I have to say, this thread really bums me out because I always had great interactions with Mic and found him to be reliable, friendly and personable.
Me too. I always had great unbteractions with him. Builds took a little longer but always fantastic. And I never knew about the silver screw thing. I have four of his wedges and they all have that one silver screw thing.

I ordered back in april 2021, and never received anything. He agreed to a refund in september 2021, and still owes me 2/3s of the cost of the cab as of may of 2023. Paypal will not do anything. He only answers emails every few months with excuses. I wouldn't do business with him again, and wouldn't recommend others to do so either.

Well crap. My XiTone has decided to bite the big one on me. The Dayton Audio amp in it has developed a loud buzz that persists no matter where it is plugged in and regardless of whether the XLR cables are plugged in or not.

I messaged Mic about the problem but I have zero confidence that he will ever reply especially after hearing that you guys can’t even get a response on your orders.

I also contacted Dayton Audio and sent them a video of the amp making the buzz and they said that it sounds like a component in the amp is failing. Although, the amplifier has a five year warranty they won’t honor it because I didn’t buy the amp from them. They basically said sod off, telling me to contact XiTone because the amp warranty was with them. I wasn’t asking them to install the replacement; just to provide a refurb replacement that i could install myself. By the way, Dayton Audio is local to me here in the Dayton, Ohio area so I could go and pick it up if need be.

It looks like I’m hosed with a boat anchor. It’s a good thing that I just bought an EV PXM-12MP a few months ago so I’m not dead in the water.

Agreed back in day Mic was great on phone and had lovely conversations. But something has changed. Him having issues in life is one thing. But continual "taking on" new projects and under delivering is another.

Well crap. My XiTone has decided to bite the big one on me. The Dayton Audio amp in it has developed a loud buzz that persists no matter where it is plugged in and regardless of whether the XLR cables are plugged in or not.

I messaged Mic about the problem but I have zero confidence that he will ever reply especially after hearing that you guys can’t even get a response on your orders.

I also contacted Dayton Audio and sent them a video of the amp making the buzz and they said that it sounds like a component in the amp is failing. Although, the amplifier has a five year warranty they won’t honor it because I didn’t buy the amp from them. They basically said sod off, telling me to contact XiTone because the amp warranty was with them. I wasn’t asking them to install the replacement; just to provide a refurb replacement that i could install myself. By the way, Dayton Audio is local to me here in the Dayton, Ohio area so I could go and pick it up if need be.

It looks like I’m hosed with a boat anchor. It’s a good thing that I just bought an EV PXM-12MP a few months ago so I’m not dead in the water.
Yeah...had same issue and sourced one on Reverb. Mic will not respond.

No idea if you’re a DIY person but there was a thread not long ago regarding building an amp from the same boards used in the Duncan Powerstage. You would need a crossover as well.

No idea if you’re a DIY person but there was a thread not long ago regarding building an amp from the same boards used in the Duncan Powerstage. You would need a crossover as well.
I suppose that’s an option but I’d much rather have XiTone do the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom