Xitone Build Time

mmars

Hi guys! I am new to this form so sorry if I mess some stuff up but I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on the shipping time for the XiTone cabs. I ordered mine in early August and I'm super excited to get it but was just unsure of when to expect it. I sent Mick a few messages on the website and he hasn't responded but I understand he is busy and maybe that wasn't the best way to reach him.
Does anyone know the rough build time for just one of the active cabs without any custom stuff? Or, does anyone know a way I could contact Mick?

Thanks!!

Mine took a looonnnngggg time to ship. I bought mine pre-covid, sometime in 2019.
He did always answer my emails tho. Each time was "your order will ship in two weeks".

Reactions: ESW
It would be better if Fractal just got over the idea of selling an FR FR or preferably a range for different purposes . These could then be paired with software setting that maximised their performance. Fractal could have a setting when using one called "Amp in the room" because that isn't possible with the stuff that is out there now what ever you spend.

It would be better if Fractal just got over the idea of selling an FR FR or preferably a range for different purposes . These could then be paired with software setting that maximised their performance. Fractal could have a setting when using one called "Amp in the room" because that isn't possible with the stuff that is out there now what ever you spend.
Yeah I think modeling is getting to that point if it wants to keep improving.

This isn't looking great :/
What do you guys think the best course of action would be? I know he really makes some good quality stuff so it would be unfortunate to ask for a refund but, at the same time, he quoted me at a "couple weeks" build and shipping time and a year and a half is nowhere near that.

Also, the only other amps that perform this well are the Atomic CLRs and those are tough to get now (still might be easier than a XiTone though)

Would it be smart to try and find a used XiTone or CLR and do you think that would even be possible? What do you guys think and sorry I am overall very new to the Fractal world.

This isn't looking great :/
What do you guys think the best course of action would be? I know he really makes some good quality stuff so it would be unfortunate to ask for a refund but, at the same time, he quoted me at a "couple weeks" build and shipping time and a year and a half is nowhere near that.

Also, the only other amps that perform this well are the Atomic CLRs and those are tough to get now (still might be easier than a XiTone though)

Would it be smart to try and find a used XiTone or CLR and do you think that would even be possible? What do you guys think and sorry I am overall very new to the Fractal world.
Anyone who leaves customers waiting a year and a half for goods that they have paid for without agreeing this explicitly first should not be in business. There is no excuses that shouldn't have resulted in a full refund offered months ago. This is unacceptable bordering on criminal.

Where I work, we have a corporate policy to only work with “larger” firms that have proven history of support.
It’s unfortunate but this type of business behavior is not totally uncommon.
In our music community we’ve seen several manufacturers go that way. Even really talented ones.
If I had to buy again, I’d force myself to go with larger, more reliable vendors.

Where I work, we have a corporate policy to only work with “larger” firms that have proven history of support.
It’s unfortunate but this type of business behavior is not totally uncommon.
In our music community we’ve seen several manufacturers go that way. Even really talented ones.
If I had to buy again, I’d force myself to go with larger, more reliable vendors.
Yeah I’m with you here. These days I go with the most reputable and long track record.

I also do Pro Audio and it’s the exact same thing. Many small companies take on too many orders and big back log. The no communication is a deal breaker for me.

Yeah, even if your screwing your customers over -if you keep them updated and in the loop it matters as much if not more than the job itself. Its called good communication skills.
In my line of work (installation, maintenance, and repair of medical laboratory high volume analyzers and automation) you would get eaten alive if you don’t have good communication skills.

Man, this is a painful thread to follow. Mick used to be very active on here, and had a great reputation for quality and follow-up. Have had a few builds in mind over the years, but hadn't pulled the plug. Hopefully things improve....

Man, this is a painful thread to follow. Mick used to be very active on here, and had a great reputation for quality and follow-up. Have had a few builds in mind over the years, but hadn't pulled the plug. Hopefully things improve....
I totally agree. Mick is a very nice individual and I hope whatever is interfering here gets dealt with and handled.

Mick's great. I have 4 XiTone wedges. The last pair took a little while but not like now. I'd order another if I could get it in a month or 6 weeks. Maybe even two months, but it seems like there's probably a supply issue.

I am going to give Mick the benefit of the doubt because of his excellent past reputation and patiently wait. I'm sure it's unavoidable circumstances and I hope he gets thru this.

I am going to give Mick the benefit of the doubt because of his excellent past reputation and patiently wait. I'm sure it's unavoidable circumstances and I hope he gets thru this.
I hope he gets thru it too as I gave him a grand and want to see something for it!
There definitely was supply chain issues during Covid for him. That's why I've cut him slack.
But as of the last few months he told me that the cabinet is built -yet he's not shipping it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom