Xitone Build Time

Currently in the same boat. I ordered mine in July when I got my Axe-FX. By all accounts on the forum Mick sounds like a good dude, so I hope all is well.

I’m a “benefit of the doubt” guy. Especially if others have good things to say about a company or individual. “Crook” is strong language. I understand you’re frustrated and disappointed.

I’ve become a believer in the phrase: don’t say/write anything that you wouldn’t say to the person’s face.

Ghosting people is not the actions of a "nice guy". He needs to take the time to contact all the people he is messing about and give them realistic time frame information or refunds. It's really that simple. I am a former customer happy with the product but this is no way to behave.

To me it sounds like his business took a back seat to whatever it is that has taken the front seat. I have communicated back and forth with Mic in the past always seems like a good guy.

If I recall this was a side business for him that took off so I'm wondering if it's no longer viable? Communication to others would be a good idea even if it's outside of his control, supply chain, family health... whatever A blanket statement as to what's really going on should be in order.

Mick did respond to my email and he is doing a much better job of responding now. I agree and about the benefit of the doubt for him. I never was doubting his character it was more of a confusion as maybe the way I was reaching out wasn't ideal or something more on my end. But all good now as he is working on the cab and hopefully should be shipped some time very soon. I will keep everyone posted.

Mick did respond to my email and he is doing a much better job of responding now. I agree and about the benefit of the doubt for him. I never was doubting his character it was more of a confusion as maybe the way I was reaching out wasn't ideal or something more on my end. But all good now as he is working on the cab and hopefully should be shipped some time very soon. I will keep everyone posted.
Great to hear!

I'm still waiting and as I said before I put in my order a year ago April...

Reactions: ESW
I wonder just how large the market is for FRFR speakers? Maybe not that big but potential for growth. Despite the high prices for quality speakers, these guys are probably not making a lot of money. I also wish FAS would get into this biz. They could sell complete packages.

I wonder just how large the market is for FRFR speakers? Maybe not that big but potential for growth. Despite the high prices for quality speakers, these guys are probably not making a lot of money. I also wish FAS would get into this biz. They could sell complete packages.
It isn’t a big market. Most (not all) on stage there are real cabs FRFR style to FOH. In a nice small venue FRFR is easier and more practical.

I bought mine in 2019 and it was delayed for months (but at least not years like 2204JCM). I finally asked for a refund, and then magically my cabinet was ready to ship a couple of days later. It was fine, but not much better than other options. I liked the CLR better. If I ever decide to do the FRFR thing again I'll probably just get a decent PA monitor.

Thought I would follow up on the thread to see if anyone else has received their FRFR yet? Or are there any updates from Mick?

I placed an order late September. After feeling uneasy about the whole thing once it had been a month, I tried to cancel but he mentioned his cancellation fee, so I decided against it. I don't fully buy that though, he claims its because he already ordered the parts, so he must charge a fee for cancellation. AND YET we have a bunch of people still waiting on their purchases, so if I decide to cancel, my cab should absolutely be able to go to the next customer.

Regardless, its now been 4 months, 4 months of headaches and back and forth, and excuse after excuse. I am sure hes a good guy, he mentioned some family troubles, I do sympathize, but its no excuse for whats been happening. I do understand the comments about the behavior being that of a "crook". He took the money, he has promised me multiple times he'd ship the product that weekend, and failed to do so. I have filed a claim through PayPal. Hoping they can get this sorted. I have no desire to interact any further with Michael. I just want my money back.

Hopefully he is just going through a rough patch, and he can get it all sorted, but like I said. This experience has left a foul enough taste in my mouth that I want no further association with him or his business.

Last edited:
Any tracking info on that cab yet?

I placed an order late September. After feeling uneasy about the whole thing once it had been a month, I tried to cancel but he mentioned his cancellation fee, so I decided against it. I don't fully buy that though, he claims its because he already ordered the parts, so he must charge a fee for cancellation. AND YET we have a bunch of people still waiting on their purchases, so if I decide to cancel, my cab should absolutely be able to go to the next customer.

Regardless, its now been 4 months, 4 months of headaches and back and forth, and excuse after excuse. I am sure hes a good guy, he mentioned some family troubles, I do sympathize, but its no excuse for whats been happening. I do understand the comments about the behavior being that of a "crook", I am sorry to say. He took the money, he has promised me multiple times he'd ship the product that weekend, and failed to do so. I have filed a claim through PayPal. Hoping they can get this sorted. I have no desire to interact any further with Michael. I just want my money back.

Hopefully he is just going through a rough patch, and he can get it all sorted, but like I said. This experience has left a foul enough taste in my mouth that I want no further association with him or his business.
Michael? Did you buy a cab from someone named Michael? Or Mick from Xitone?

[…] After feeling uneasy about the whole thing once it had been a month, I tried to cancel but he mentioned his cancellation fee, so I decided against it. I don't fully buy that though, he claims its because he already ordered the parts, so he must charge a fee for cancellation. AND YET we have a bunch of people still waiting on their purchases, so if I decide to cancel, my cab should absolutely be able to go to the next customer.
^ That's exactly right. ^

If he has as many people waiting as it seems he has, and he's waiting for parts to make their cab, then if someone cancels it'd move everyone ahead one space, just like any queue or checkout line in a store or bank.

On the other hand, if he has an exorbitant cancellation fee, it's a win/win for him and encourages him to take his time. I think there'd be a different level of response if instead, he had a statement in his contract that said he'd have the product delivered in six months or the order was canceled automatically and he had to return the full amount. Or, a cancelation fee would make more sense if there was a small "hold my place in line" fee, and he wouldn't ship until the full amount was paid within a pre-specified range of days, and, at that point, he'd keep the fee.

I went with different cabs because of the delays that are being reported, and the stories make me very happy that Fractal does things the way they do when there's a waitlist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom