Xitone Build Time

I’ve been thinking about a lighter carry, and so far the plan is to basically build a Xitone wedge with an Icepower board and passive cross over. The specs say Eminence coaxial and horn which is what I want to use.

Pretty sure my Xitone 1x10 is an Eminence coaxial driver. It's not as beefy as the F12 and bigger amp, nor can it hang with bands as readily, but it sounds fine such as it is. The 10" cab is small and light, it makes a great grab and carry or B rig, and would do fine in most settings except metal.

Enjoy your build, DIY seems to be the most economical and practical path to a decent modeler cab solution these days, powered or unpowered. Still not cheap, but more reasonable than what's on the market.

This is the way to go. What the community really needs is an open source / DIY wedge with plans, a parts list and step by step instructions. Then anyone can build one.

Not a wedge, but the Cele F12 DIY plans are out there. Being a lifelong engineer/developer/CAD kinda guy, I have a far more enhanced set of plans and build docs for the project, though it includes my small tweaks. I know someone else posted copious build notes on the forum as well, there could be more out there on the interwebs. If you don't have the shop access or proper tools you could find a friend, relative, or cabinet shop to cut the parts and help you assemble.

Regarding wedge-ness, I the F12 cab at my feet, tilted back like a stage monitor or wedge, and rely on FOH for the room. I use a couple foldable wedge things to tip it back, and have considered adding Fender style tilt legs, maybe removable casters, etc.

Not a wedge, but the Cele F12 DIY plans are out there. Being a lifelong engineer/developer/CAD kinda guy, I have a far more enhanced set of plans and build docs for the project, though it includes my small tweaks. I know someone else posted copious build notes on the forum as well, there could be more out there on the interwebs. If you don't have the shop access or proper tools you could find a friend, relative, or cabinet shop to cut the parts and help you assemble.

Regarding wedge-ness, I the F12 cab at my feet, tilted back like a stage monitor or wedge, and rely on FOH for the room. I use a couple foldable wedge things to tip it back, and have considered adding Fender style tilt legs, maybe removable casters, etc.
Yeah, the Celestion plans were actually the impetus of this idea. Everyone wants a wedge, and the consensus powered wedge choices (for whatever reason) are two companies that have an abysmal track record of both shipping product and supporting customers. It could have step-by-step photos, Sketchup plans - just make it as easy as possible for non-technical people to put one together, or to hand off to an appropriately skilled friend. I also think the existence of such a thing would open up the market.

Basically, I just hate that we're in this situation now where new people come in and want an FRFR wedge, and we're like, "There are two options that sound pretty good, but they're both weirdly impossible to get. Also you may buy one and never get it. Oh, and the other one breaks and there's no way to fix it. But other than that, they're great."

Yeah, the Celestion plans were actually the impetus of this idea. Everyone wants a wedge, and the consensus powered wedge choices (for whatever reason) are two companies that have an abysmal track record of both shipping product and supporting customers. It could have step-by-step photos, Sketchup plans - just make it as easy as possible for non-technical people to put one together, or to hand off to an appropriately skilled friend. I also think the existence of such a thing would open up the market.

Basically, I just hate that we're in this situation now where new people come in and want an FRFR wedge, and we're like, "There are two options that sound pretty good, but they're both weirdly impossible to get. Also you may buy one and never get it. Oh, and the other one breaks and there's no way to fix it. But other than that, they're great."
Here you go ... and EV is not about to go out of business - as far as I can tell.

12" Wedge Coaxial

I ordered back in april 2021, and never received anything. He agreed to a refund in september 2021, and still owes me 2/3s of the cost of the cab as of may of 2023. Paypal will not do anything. He only answers emails every few months with excuses. I wouldn't do business with him again, and wouldn't recommend others to do so either.
Rats, I ordered May 31 of 2022. Last I heard from him was January 30, 2023. I live just a short 45min drive from the shop. 🤔. I really could use my money back. The Red Sound dealer has contacted me twice, recently.

Nope. I'm jut pointing out that there are tons of options for "FRFR" wedges, not just CLR and Xitone.
It's true! Plus RCF and tons of others. But as I said, the consensus powered wedge choices remain Atomic and Xitone. In this forum and others, they're mentioned more often than anything else.

It's true! Plus RCF and tons of others. But as I said, the consensus powered wedge choices remain Atomic and Xitone. In this forum and others, they're mentioned more often than anything else.
Actually wouldn't say that any more, since both companies have been more than a little MIA lately.

EV, Yamaha, RCF, and Red Sound are the ones I think I've heard a lot about lately here.

I went ahead and submitted a paypal case since it is coming up on 1 year since I ordered my cab and Mick is no longer responding to my emails.

According to their TOS, you can only receive a refund if it is posted in 180 days, but they let me open it based on my payment to Mick so I guess I will see what happens.

EDIT: They denied it...guess it's time to see if I can contact my bank.
Good luck. I contacted the issuing bank for my credit card and they were quicker to deny any possible refund than PayPal was. Too much time had passed again. They were “so sorry” for “my situation” and recommended I try to contact the seller to resolve the situation. facepalm facepalm facepalm

Welp, the amp went out in my Xitone wedge yesterday. No sound at all except for a loud hum.
I‘m not even going to try to repair it. I have an EV wedge on the way.

Anyone interested in a Xitone wedge with a blown amp?

Welp, the amp went out in my Xitone wedge yesterday. No sound at all except for a loud hum.
I‘m not even going to try to repair it. I have an EV wedge on the way.

Anyone interested in a Xitone wedge with a blown amp?
dang. well, that would still be better than what i've received from Mick. hopefully you can find someone to take/fix it for you.

Back
Top Bottom