Xitone Build Time

What do they owe you? Their warranty is to Xitone. Xitone’s warranty is to you.
No shit. That would be great if XiTone actually would answer messages and honor their warranty.

Dayton Audio really doesn’t owe me a thing. However it is their component that is failing.

I would think as a good public relations gesture Dayton Audio would want to support a person with no other remedy. It is after all still under warranty even if XiTone was the original purchaser. It is still Dayton Audio’s product that is defective.

If XiTone actually supported their product then there wouldn’t be at issue but as we know Mic is missing in action. I had no other recourse.

Did I really expect Dayton Audio to honor the warranty? The answer to that is a resounding, No. But I was I hoping due to circumstances that they would. I would have been thrilled with a discount off the retail price.

I still don’t have to be happy about the situation. And yes it still chaps my ass.

Satisfied?

I went ahead and submitted a paypal case since it is coming up on 1 year since I ordered my cab and Mick is no longer responding to my emails.

According to their TOS, you can only receive a refund if it is posted in 180 days, but they let me open it based on my payment to Mick so I guess I will see what happens.

EDIT: They denied it...guess it's time to see if I can contact my bank.

Last edited:
I went ahead and submitted a paypal case since it is coming up on 1 year since I ordered my cab and Mick is no longer responding to my emails.

According to their TOS, you can only receive a refund if it is posted in 180 days, but they let me open it based on my payment to Mick so I guess I will see what happens.

EDIT: They denied it...guess it's time to see if I can contact my bank.
Sorry to hear that. That truly sucks.

Will who not sell me the amp?
Dayton. The amp probably costs $100 or $200 if I had to guess. It’d get you going.
I realize Xitone should honor the warranty but if he’s not answering emails or phone calls, he’s not going to honor a warranty.

Dayton. The amp probably costs $100 or $200 if I had to guess. It’d get you going.
I realize Xitone should honor the warranty but if he’s not answering emails or phone calls, he’s not going to honor a warranty.

Those go for $350 on Parts Express.

Your guess is wrong. It’s more like $ 373.60 after tax. I bought one. I still don’t have to be happy about. It turned my $900 speaker into a $1273.60 speaker.

Reactions: ESW
Your guess is wrong. It’s more like $ 373.60 after tax. I bought one. I still don’t have to be happy about. It turned my $900 speaker into a $1273.60 speaker.

It sucks getting burned but it happens. And you gotta live so there’s your speaker back in action. I feel for you.

What speaker is loaded in yours? I’ve been thinking about a lighter carry, and so far the plan is to basically build a Xitone wedge with an Icepower board and passive cross over. The specs say Eminence coaxial and horn which is what I want to use. He’s using a Celestion too but not in the wedges. It says Xitone has a custom DSP setup in the amp. Will you be able to copy it into the new amp?

It sucks getting burned but it happens. And you gotta live so there’s your speaker back in action. I feel for you.

What speaker is loaded in yours? I’ve been thinking about a lighter carry, and so far the plan is to basically build a Xitone wedge with an Icepower board and passive cross over. The specs say Eminence coaxial and horn which is what I want to use. He’s using a Celestion too but not in the wedges. It says Xitone has a custom DSP setup in the amp. Will you be able to copy it into the new amp?

I don’t have the amp yet so I haven’t taken it apart. I don’t know what the speaker is yet. The replacement amp is due to arrive today.

I won’t be able to copy the DSP setup to the new amp. The amp that’s in it doesn’t have a usb port to interface with Dayton Audio’s app so there’s no way to get it. I’ve been told by someone who knows Mic that he uses a different method to customize the settings that doesn’t involve using Dayton Audio’s app. I’ll probably just go with one of the default settings that is flat.

I'd guess the OEM version of the Dayton amp, also found in my Xitone 1x10, has an internal header exposing a USB port for programming. I've never looked, but bet you dollars to donuts.

I bought a pair of those bigger retail Dayton plate amps from Parts Express. They're inherently noisy (hiss) at idle, but kick some a$$ in the Cele DIY F12 cab on live stages, much louder than the smaller OEM model Dayton. Coupled with the AX3, some decent IEMs and good FOH support (roll the dice!) and I've never been happier with my live sound.

FWIW, I set all the available EQ presets the same (flat for me), as I once found I'd inadvertently pushed a button during setup, and that was not a place I'd think to troubleshoot when things weren't sounding right. Freaked me out for a good 5 min. until I found it, not fun right before downbeat.

I'm sure there are better cab solutions, but a self-powered F12 is plenty to supplement sound reinforcement for my personal thrills while keeping cartage and setup to a minimum. I'm in line for an FM9 and EV-2s to reduce things even further.

I'd guess the OEM version of the Dayton amp, also found in my Xitone 1x10, has an internal header exposing a USB port for programming. I've never looked, but bet you dollars to donuts.
I've installed the replacement amp and it appears to be working fine. I looked at the configuration with their app and decided just to use the default flat setting rather than change anything. It sounds fine to me.

I can confirm that there is a header internal to the OEM amp for programming. Unfortunately it takes a special cable to be able to use it.

For those that asked: The speaker is an Eminence coaxial

Sweet. You have a wedge I take it. I wonder if he’s using the F12 in the upright cabs. Those speakers are too deep to fit in a wedge. I’m running a F12 cab and I like it a lot. Happy to hear you’re back in business!

Sweet. You have a wedge I take it. I wonder if he’s using the F12 in the upright cabs. Those speakers are too deep to fit in a wedge. I’m running a F12 cab and I like it a lot. Happy to hear you’re back in business!
Thanks. Yes, it is the wedge with the grill cloth front.

I've installed the replacement amp and it appears to be working fine. I looked at the configuration with their app and decided just to use the default flat setting rather than change anything. It sounds fine to me.

I can confirm that there is a header internal to the OEM amp for programming. Unfortunately it takes a special cable to be able to use it.
Cool, good to know. The USB header is likely standard, I'd also guess the driver and s/w to access the DSP settings would be the same across their products. I'm sure they bought a canned USB interface and whipped up the bare minimum stack support, then copied and pasted across models...testified to by the lack of WHQL driver signing.

Happy playing, hope my Dayton amps hold up.

Back
Top Bottom