With the news of overseas assembly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that why you're wanting to trade it for a Kemper?:eek::p:D
2 things. I promise :cool::D
1. Gigged with AX this past weekend. Sounded great but I need to get a 52" pedalboard to keep me from twitching. Too much sprawl.
2. Vid from Bill Ruppert on Kemper formant shifting capability made the GAS go from 0 to 100 in a second. Of course; it's Ruppert and all his videos do that till you get the items he is demoing in your own hands and go :( at the comparison of his results to yours :confused:;)

2 things. I promise :cool::D
1. Gigged with AX this past weekend. Sounded great but I need to get a 52" pedalboard to keep me from twitching. Too much sprawl.
2. Vid from Bill Ruppert on Kemper formant shifting capability made the GAS go from 0 to 100 in a second. Of course; it's Ruppert and all his videos do that till you get the items he is demoing in your own hands and go :( at the comparison of his results to yours :confused:;)

I was just kidding. They are both superb units. I do like that the AX8 is an all in one unit and now that I've had it for a few months I've learned what I personally need to do to get the tones I'm looking for. The Kemper is a beast though for amp tone, and now that they are focusing on the effects, it will only get better.

I don't understand the angst at all. You and the buyer both agreed on a price. You bought it. Deal done. You made the decision and now you live with it. Welcome to life. They could give them away free to every other person and it would be fair because it's their choice to do whatever they please with price. As long as you paid the amount you agreed upon then you have no room for complaint. Please quit whining.

I don't understand the angst at all. You and the buyer both agreed on a price. You bought it. Deal done. You made the decision and now you live with it. Welcome to life. They could give them away free to every other person and it would be fair because it's their choice to do whatever they please with price. As long as you paid the amount you agreed upon then you have no room for complaint. Please quit whining.
yeah I have every right to complain, funny every person in a buying market outside of the fractal forum sees the complaint, I stand by my statements

Companies do not move their manufacturing to China because they want to; rather the current regulatory environment in the USA along with complex and arcane tax laws literally forces businesses to produce outside of our natural boundaries. BS from collective bargaining unions along with equally corrupt and complicit regulatory agencies (both state and federal .gov) has driven manufacturing offshore despite patriotic Americans wanting to make their products here.

However our government isn't the least bit interested in promoting our own domestic businesses. That evidence is painfully clear with nonsense policies like a "living wage" for unskilled workers, or artificially low interest rates with bogus inflation and employment figures which "guide" our monterary policies e.g. increasing our national debt by $10 trillion over 7 years with nothing to show for it. Nada.

Last edited:
Please let this not become political. Companies make their decisions and that's it. We live in good times, so many cool (Fractal) products out there in this time and age for us guitar players.

Can't we just lock this damn thread so it will sink to the depths it deserves. Everyone's point has been made ad nauseam!!!!

Please let this not become political. Companies make their decisions and that's it. We live in good times, so many cool (Fractal) products out there in this time and age for us guitar players.

Let's not pretend this isn't influenced by externalities over which we are fully responsible and accountable in our nation's governance.

Frankly I am more bothered by the poster who foolishly claims/believes that Fractal's manufacturing locale decisions are affecting his FAS product resale values in such a way that he believes he's owed "damages". :confused:

My view is that the majority of our problems emanate from Federal Reserve policy. Imagine the concept that 2% inflation per year is the goal of a healthy economy, the hubris coming out of our government is staggering. The way I understand it is that as business compete and improve their efficiencies prices should fall. Those who can not keep up drop out and find other market niches. But of course I follow Hayek not Keynes.

As to FAS sending some work to China I take a practical approach, all the brain work is done here in the U.S.A. by Cliff and his team and the mindless labor in China. Now if you like mindless labor join the government and they will have you digging and then filling up ditches, at $15 an hour of course!

I can certainly see both sides of it. Personally I think good customer service would be to offer some kind of rebate going back to a certain date. Regardless not everyone is going to be happy. Still though, a few days outside of the return period under the circumstances of just having devalued the customers unit...I would think that would be a good way to go. Certainly not necessary at all, but what would make the difference between good customer service and great.

For example Shure offered a pretty big rebate if I recall on either new wireless systems or turning in your old one after the 700Mhz change. I don't really remember what the deal was. Regardless they didn't have to do a damn thing, and it wasn't even their choice that the products no longer were usable in the US. They did it anyway. Good service vs. great service.

I can certainly see both sides of it. Personally I think good customer service would be to offer some kind of rebate going back to a certain date. Regardless not everyone is going to be happy. Still though, a few days outside of the return period under the circumstances of just having devalued the customers unit...I would think that would be a good way to go. Certainly not necessary at all, but what would make the difference between good customer service and great.

For example Shure offered a pretty big rebate if I recall on either new wireless systems or turning in your old one after the 700Mhz change. I don't really remember what the deal was. Regardless they didn't have to do a damn thing, and it wasn't even their choice that the products no longer were usable in the US. They did it anyway. Good service vs. great service.
Free cab pack or CabLab license maybe?

Very well said

Got mine in August. FAS keeps adding features for free. I don't feel like being devalued.

This is actually a very good point. FAS could easily be charging everyone for the next updates. There is no contract, they do not have to provide free updates.

I would be willing to bet also that if they did charge, they would not see a large decrease in customer base. People would still pay the money and people will still be buying AX8's and AXE FX.

Other industries do this and actually make more money than they would have originally.

This is actually a very good point. FAS could easily be charging everyone for the next updates. There is no contract, they do not have to provide free updates.

I would be willing to bet also that if they did charge, they would not see a large decrease in customer base. People would still pay the money and people will still be buying AX8's and AXE FX.

Other industries do this and actually make more money than they would have originally.
If you believe this then please tell me you don't work for a tech company

Let me bullet my points for easy understanding
-before buying an ax8 I had an hour long conversation with a Fractal sales rep about improvements and value. I explained how I was fucked over on the axe standard because when they were releasing the ultra they knew they were releaseing standards at full price and once they offed them the ultra came out at same price. At that time a sales guy could of said "if you can wait we're launching the same product $100 cheaper just made in china"
-I didn't bitch when they said I was 3 days past return policy, but on a customer support they could of said if it's all there we will work with you
-a china production isn't done in months so 60 days ago they knew what was happening and overcharged me and the people that bought the last batch
- I can't say assembled in the US cause nothing on my unit says that and I wonder if new units say assembled in China from the sales guys response from Fractal
-had I owned my unit for 6 months no I would not bitch, did the company have an immoral employee yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom