With the news of overseas assembly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did contact them to return my ax8, but I was 4 days past the 14 day return policy so there was nothing I could do, I had a feeling something wouldnt go right and I was correct. I should of went Kemper like my original plan was but figured Fractal finally had their heads on tight.

I figured going into this that shortly after, at least a year later there would be an ax2 or ax ultra, but to already lower my value in less than 2 months is bullshit

Why are you buying for the assumed resale value? It's still the same product with the same future upgrades. In my opinion, thinking like that is setting yourself up for disappointment.

I am not buying only based on assumed resale value, but I also dont like to take a drastic hit, if I bought it for 1400 and being, after counting the days, 3 days outside of my return period I feel like loosing 100.00 is okay, but with new lower price that is already at 200, the company lowered my value and thats why I am pissed. I have submitted a request for a 100.00 rebate, I will be curious of the answer

I am not buying only based on assumed resale value, but I also dont like to take a drastic hit, if I bought it for 1400 and being, after counting the days, 3 days outside of my return period I feel like loosing 100.00 is okay, but with new lower price that is already at 200, the company lowered my value and thats why I am pissed. I have submitted a request for a 100.00 rebate, I will be curious of the answer
Fractal keeps a good resale value so I knew if I didnt like it I could get out of it comfortably, but now they are the ones that lowered their value on existing customers

"Hi Matt,

I'm sorry, but we can't give refunds going back that far. Your order was placed over 60 days ago.

As you may know, the reason for the price drop is a change in manufacturing chain. Your unit was assembled in the US while newer units were assembled in China.

Thank you"

So my reply "what distinguishes my USA unit from the China unit? "

I figured going into this that shortly after, at least a year later there would be an ax2 or ax ultra, but to already lower my value in less than 2 months is bullshit

I have difficulty understanding this. Other than my house or a car, I can't personally think of any purchases I've made with an eye towards resale, particularly something that I know will at some point be outdated at some point. But that's just me, YMMV obviously. Maybe in hindsight I should have held on to that Sony Betamax.

In any case, I don't believe that gear manufacturers make any promises, implied or otherwise, about potential future resale values. All that said, if people do go into it with that mindset I can understand the disappointment.

I can see somehow we have gotten distracted in this as basing everything on resale value, that is only a small part of my point, my point is they knew they were going to China allot longer than 60 days ago, those kind of business decisions dont happen over night, so they were over charging everyone until they could off their warehouse, then turn around and lower value ruining the value of my money

Kemper and Line 6 still hold a good resale value in 1-2 months of ownership, Fractal now does not, and again there is nothing to seperate my unit from the new unit,

Hi Matt,

The only thing that distinguishes your AX8 from the newer units is where it was assembled.

As a result of a change in manufacturing, the new units cost us less to produce and we passed that savings on to our customers as soon as the change was made.

Best,

Andrew

The one condolence is the AX will still sound awesome; whereas all the Helix bells and whistles in the world won't really matter if the tones aren't jaw dropping. Working on my Kemper experience as I type this :D

I really only think that someone who just bought theirs within a month or so can really make a judgement call on how that would feel. I bought mine used and have it on the trade block for GAS reasons and the situation has made twitch a bit.

again as I said to, i tried to return it I was 3 days out the 14 day, even the response at the time was dont worry cause you can resale for what you got in it or more, from Fractal, even this while knowing this China thing was going on, now on a brand new unit that has been in the box since Sept 20 the value was lowered by that same company. My biggest pet peeve people that are current owners of the unit actually sound grateful I am sorry I just see an issue with it

The one condolence is the AX will still sound awesome; whereas all the Helix bells and whistles in the world won't really matter if the tones aren't jaw dropping. Working on my Kemper experience as I type this :D

I really only think that someone who just bought theirs within a month or so can really make a judgement call on how that would feel. I bought mine used and have it on the trade block for GAS reasons and the situation has made twitch a bit.

As mentioned on gab. I recently just bought mine. Sure, it would be nice to have an extra hundo but the bottom line is this.

I paid for a product that was assembled here not China. Those assembly costs are higher.

I can't say what I would've decided if I knew prior that this would happen. Would I have waited? Maybe.

Doesn't matter. I'm very happy with the AX8 and this means in the long run more stock, more money for Fractal which in turn means more tech and better updates for us.

Sept 12
Hi Matt,

Our records show that you are 4 days past the 15 Day Return Policy (see here: https://shop.fractalaudio.com/returns.asp) . Can we help you with anything technical regarding the unit? We would be glad to assist.

Sep 12
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to Fractal
cleardot.gif

Okay, no its just not something that really meets my need

cleardot.gif

Sept 12
Hi Matt,

I'm really sorry to hear that. We would be glad to help you out with anything technical. If you need to sell it you should be able to get more than you paid for it on Ebay or Reverb.

Good luck when you buy or refinance your house and you lock your rate (for example) at 4.00 one day - and the next day rates drop to 3.75... Umm yeah Mr. Banker, can I have all the thousands of dollars I will be losing because today rates are different than yesterday??
Everything you buy has risk associated with it....

Good luck when you buy or refinance your house and you lock your rate (for example) at 4.00 one day - and the next day rates drop to 3.75... Umm yeah Mr. Banker, can I have all the thousands of dollars I will be losing because today rates are different than yesterday??
Everything you buy has risk associated with it....
not even remotely the same but nice try

Best advice to you @CT76 would be to sit on it for a while. The market will even out and you should be able to (hopefully) get a fair price if you do decide to move it.

again though I came back into Fractal with an already bad taste as I jumped on board with the Standard. and that hurt, so this happening right after stings more than if I didnt already have a bad experience and giving a company a second chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom