With the news of overseas assembly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not looking for a political debate...Labor costs for a large corporation in the USA are astronomical when compared to $1 an hour and less with zero "anything" added. ... The lifestyle and what we call normal has changed immensely. But, unlike many, I do not place it all on the Gov't. Much of it, without a doubt. Here is one of my examples: Where I live there are people with signs screaming throw out the illegals. Many of those same people have their own businesses and guess who they employ? Yup!
While I consider your examples very extreme, I do not disagree that changes are needed - big time. But, the days of $8.00 an hour being a wage are gone. Our lifestyle has surpassed our living wage- by leaps and bounds. Their is way too much greed on the 1%.............if you don't have a portfolio today, you are not normal/. Guess I am not normal......
We are on the same side my friend........Just some different angles, which is normal..

CT76:

FAS already paid the US labor costs to assemble those units. Why would they eat that cost because they found a better deal on labor somewhere else.

Say I build a guitar out of Warmoth parts for someone and charge them 20% more over the price of said parts. All the while knowing Warmoth was lowering the prices in a few months, so that the next guy I build for saves 10% on his build. Do I go back to the first guy and give him a refund?

Assembley is labor, labor is a resource just like materials, it is factored into the cost of unit production just like materials. FAS paid a certain amount to fabricate a US made AX8, and is pricing them according to that base cost. When they pulled your AX8 off the shelf to send it to you, it was one that they paid US labor costs for, and therefor you paid for it as well.

Seperately, what I find interesting is my new AX8 I just bought, says assembled in China on the box, but has nothing designating assembly or country of origin on the actual unit.

"Seperately, what I find interesting is my new AX8 I just bought, says assembled in China on the box, but has nothing designating assembly or country of origin on the actual unit."

That sir is my complaint, in this whole thread my point has been the fact that there is nothing to distinguish my $1400 USA model from your $1300 China model, that is and has been the point

"Seperately, what I find interesting is my new AX8 I just bought, says assembled in China on the box, but has nothing designating assembly or country of origin on the actual unit."

That sir is my complaint, in this whole thread my point has been the fact that there is nothing to distinguish my $1400 USA model from your $1300 China model, that is and has been the point

Well there is something on all FAS devices that distinguishes them from one another, and that is a serial number. FAS probably has a record of where each device was assembled associated with that number.

on the used market assembled in USA vs assembled in China is not going to equate to a $100 difference in a sale though. Also if someone wanted to use the I only support US products on the used market that does not matter either because the original purchaser is the one supporting the product/ company when they purchased it new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom