Where are the Axe II samples? Come on, beta testers!

Maybe the Axe Fx II has surpassed what can be detected by the human ear. Only cats and extraterrestrials will be able to appreciate the sonic improvements.

I agree, but remember that the vast majority of people in this forum are guitarist first and not audio engineers, and most don't make a living off of their playing or have a pro setup to record it with. I'm a producer and I own a pro recording studio and also happen to be a guitarist. Believe me, the ULTRA sounded so much better racked in my studio than 99% of the clips I heard online.

This is why I'm getting the AXE-FX ll, and I plan to put it to the test immediately.
IMO it depends on what you are looking for. For me the Axe II is a step forward into the real world, but the real world is not perfect and you have to deal with.
The most obvious thing is that you get more low end with the Axe II but you can easy cut it.
I don't want to write a Bible but IMO you will be able to get the sound of your Axe-Fx with the Axe II (and better with swirl etc..), but you will not be able to get the sound of the Axe II with your Axe-Fx.
I'm sure that for live stage in a classic system with a tube poweramp and a cab the Axe II is superior to the Axe-Fx comparing to the real deal.
You are probably too much a studio guy.
I don't want cliff to tweak the Axe II like the Axe-Fx.

yeah of course he's just guessing .
Yes, as i said IMO.(because i have heard with these samples things which are not present with the Axe-Fx...IMO)
We will have a better idea soon...and i will be sure when i will have one in my hands.

Last edited:
That sounded great Sean.... Reminded me of something from the past. White strat, Marshall stack. James Marshall Henrix maybe.. Anyway. Great sounding.......

]Quick clip of The Fuzzface, vibe, and Plexi
Just demonstrates hoe the new input imp works with the fuzz and volume. Volume rolled back, volume full, volume rolled back.

That's nice Sean. In your opinion, do the fuzz drives sound more authentic in the II than in the Ultra? I've never been able to get satisfactory fuzz/distortion tones for my Muse and QOTSA patches.

That's nice Sean. In your opinion, do the fuzz drives sound more authentic in the II than in the Ultra? I've never been able to get satisfactory fuzz/distortion tones for my Muse and QOTSA patches.

seems to be. I think the impedance matching is a big key. I haven't A/B them vs my colection of fuzzes though.

seems to be. I think the impedance matching is a big key. I haven't A/B them vs my colection of fuzzes though.

I can definatley hear more dynamics going on in those clips, can't wait to hear it in person.. I want that punch from the amp in the room thingy so bad I can taste it..... or at least feel it...hehehe

Sounds great .Java when you get a minute can you still do a quick Scorpish /Whitesnake thing with the Marshall 800 mod or plexi and maybe the anlog new BBD delay Soldano lead..

I always hear great clean ,and lead tones in these units its that big arena crunch that you get from a Splawn ,Hot 800 I really want to hear ..

thanks man

Sounds great .Java when you get a minute can you still do a quick Scorpish /Whitesnake thing with the Marshall 800 mod or plexi and maybe the anlog new BBD delay Soldano lead..

I always hear great clean ,and lead tones in these units its that big arena crunch that you get from a Splawn ,Hot 800 I really want to hear ..

thanks man

Yes I'll try to do that today. I'll have to remember some scorps riffs :)

Thanks Java ..even if its not a full Scorps thing even a bit of WS Still of the night some lynch but that big "Hair" arena power chords tone lol..the one part I would really like to hear that I always use when testing amps is the Scorps tease me pleae me intro where he Plays that big D,A.E and just lets them ring..

thanks again I really appreciate it ..

Back
Top Bottom