Where are the Axe II samples? Come on, beta testers!

Hey Java, your AxeII posts are all fantastic sounding, can't wait until this things ships out! I hope you are saving some of these presets as they are right up my alley!

Regards

Spence

Until recently I owned an incredibly beautiful sounding Shiva. I clearly hear my amp in that earlier Shiva Clean clip. The reverb was quite close. Shiva's Reverb on 6L6 is one of the lushest in the industry IMHO.

The thing is, and I hear nobody mention this anywhere here, or on other threads either is; There are two very different sounding versions of the Shiva. I owned the 6L6 version and the clean sound in that clip sounded much more like the Shiva 6L6 60 watt version. (See Bogner's website sound clips and you will understand the point I make).

I am curious, did Team FAS actually use a Shiva 6L6, or EL 34 80watt version in the Amp referenced and used in that on that clip? I think the clean on the actual 6L
is to die for. (I am not able to get it on my Chieftain and wish I still had Shiva) - Maybe AXE-II will give it back to me.............

By the way - that is holy grail stuff for me and it is soo cool to literally hear my amp chiming through that clip. Thanks, after hearing that, I am sold as well.

I believe it's the Anniversary Edition of the Shiva that Cliff modeled.

Until recently I owned an incredibly beautiful sounding Shiva. I clearly hear my amp in that earlier Shiva Clean clip. The reverb was quite close. Shiva's Reverb on 6L6 is one of the lushest in the industry IMHO.

The thing is, and I hear nobody mention this anywhere here, or on other threads either is; There are two very different sounding versions of the Shiva. I owned the 6L6 version and the clean sound in that clip sounded much more like the Shiva 6L6 60 watt version. (See Bogner's website sound clips and you will understand the point I make).

I am curious, did Team FAS actually use a Shiva 6L6, or EL 34 80watt version in the Amp referenced and used in that on that clip? I think the clean on the actual 6L
is to die for. (I am not able to get it on my Chieftain and wish I still had Shiva) - Maybe AXE-II will give it back to me.............

By the way - that is holy grail stuff for me and it is soo cool to literally hear my amp chiming through that clip. Thanks, after hearing that, I am sold as well.

Neither, KT-88s I believe. It is modeled from a
Bogner Shiva 20TH Anniversary Limited Edition

Hey Sean, I like how much the tone cleans up with the volume knob roll-off. I'm continuously using my volume knob for tone changes and always wished that I could get a little bit cleaner when pulling the volume knob down on dirty patches. Do you feel like your getting a more pronounced and dynamic tone change (or cleanup of the tone) with a volume knob roll-off in the Axe II than you did with an Ultra? If so, I guess that would be attributable to the impedance matching?

Thanks for posting clips!

Scott can confirm this as well, but the II seems to be even more responsive to volume changes on the guitar than before.

To be honest - this does not sound good. It actually sounds like a wooly emulation of a recto type amp... sorry to say but thats how it sounds. Dont rip my neck off... just honest opinion... I was referring to the post #211 (I think Scot Peterson clip) but maybe not...

Last edited:
To be honest - this does not sound good. It actually sounds like a wooly emulation of a recto type amp... sorry to say but thats how it sounds. Dont rip my neck off... just honest opinion... I was referring to the post #211 (I think Scot Peterson clip) but maybe not...

I agree it sounds a bit muddy to me also. BUT I can hear the potential for an awesome recto sound in there. IMO if you put a boost in front of that and perhaps bump the presence up a bit you should end up with a pretty brutal sounding recto tone. I think it's all up to the way it's dialled in. And remember also, different people have different ideas about what 'hi gain' is.

Cheers,
Steve

Scott can confirm this as well, but the II seems to be even more responsive to volume changes on the guitar than before.

I will be doing an indepth review of the II once it is available. I don't want a) folks angry at me; b) folks angry at Fractal. Suffice to say that in reference to what JJ is saying here - by leaps and bounds. Notes don't just sustain; notes bloom. It's as interactive as even the absolute best amps I've ever used now. VVT is the *real* deal, only better because you can dial everything as fast (or faster) than any amp and there is really no end to how you can individualize it at your leisure and/or whim. It's like someone handing you a treasure box and the key. If you can work with the Standard or Ultra; the "II" will blow your mind. It's like going from a frozen steak to the very finest cut fresh. It was 'good' with the Ultra/Standard; sometimes 'great'. Now, it's literally making me laugh out loud from joy when I play. I've done two shows with it; this is no hype. No BS.

I agree it sounds a bit muddy to me also. BUT I can hear the potential for an awesome recto sound in there. IMO if you put a boost in front of that and perhaps bump the presence up a bit you should end up with a pretty brutal sounding recto tone. I think it's all up to the way it's dialled in. And remember also, different people have different ideas about what 'hi gain' is.

Cheers,
Steve

I'm not a Recto guy; that's just how *I* dialed it. I put the disclaimer in the original post; that is the problem at this point for dropping any clips... what i want isn't the 'limit' of what you can do, nor representative of what you can do. So the point being folks clamor for clips; but they don't want clips. They want the clips THEY want, the way THEY want them. I'm not a jukebox. :D

Last edited:
I will be doing an indepth review of the II once it is available. I don't want a) folks angry at me; b) folks angry at Fractal. Suffice to say that in referace to what JJ is saying here - by leaps and bounds. Notes don't just sustain; notes bloom. It's as interactive as even the absolute best amps I've ever used now. VVT is the *real* deal, only better because you can dial everything as fast (or faster) than any amp and there is really no end to how you can individualize it at your leisure and/or whim. It's like someone handing you a treasure box and the key. If you can work with the Standard or Ultra; the "II" will blow your mind. It's like going from a frozen steak to the very finest cut fresh. It was 'good' now, it's literally making you laugh out loud from joy. No BS.

Wow, that's great Scott, thanks for chiming in on that. I live and die by the various tones I get with volume knob changes, so I'm very excited to hear your and Sean's opinions on this. I'm always looking for that "perfect" patch that is dirty enough for rhythms and leads and yet cleans up enough with a volume knob rolloff to be a good semi-clean. I'm very pleased with the way the Ultra does this, but if the II is even better that will be really great. Thanks for taking the time to post clips and give your thoughts on the II!

I'm not a Recto guy; that's just how *I* dialed it. I...that is the problem at this point for dropping any clips...folks clamor for clips; but they don't want clips. They want the clips THEY want, the way THEY want them...

I hear you Scott. It's like a hundred people watching you as you mix blue paint and yellow paint to make green paint.
"Hey - that's not the green I like"
"For this mood you need to be using forest green, not spring green"
"If it aint pea green, it ain't nothin"
"OMG - puke green...why would anyone want puke green?"

and on and on and on.......

Hm, send me an AxeFx II and i could do a comparison between the II and my real 2 Channel Recto :p. Germany btw... :D xaxaxaxaxaxxaxaxaxa

I'm not a Recto guy; that's just how *I* dialed it. I put the disclaimer in the original post; that is the problem at this point for dropping any clips... what i want isn't the 'limit' of what you can do, nor representative of what you can do. So the point being folks clamor for clips; but they don't want clips. They want the clips THEY want, the way THEY want them. I'm not a jukebox. :D

Hi Scott,

My post wasn't a knock at you at all, I was trying to point out everyone has a different idea of how *something* should sound, and the main point I was trying to put across was that I could really hear a recto in that clip and it sounded good! Just not how I would personally dial it ;)

I'm loving all the clips, they all sound fantastic and I can't wait for more!

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Scott,

My post wasn't a knock at you at all, I was trying to point out everyone has a different idea of how *something* should sound, and the main point I was trying to put across was that I could really hear a recto in that clip and it sounded good! Just not how I would personally dial it ;)

I'm loving all the clips, they all sound fantastic and I can't wait for more!

Cheers,
Steve

Steve, no knock perceived and not being defensive (and hope it doesn't come off that way).

Just talking factually is all.

:D

didn't save it but it is easy to recreate. I tool the high landron preset, switch the tube screamer out for fuzz, moved it in front of the phaser, lowered the drive, increased the level, thickened up the plexi +lowered the gain. Thats all. but yes, I'll refine it and share it.

Java, what is the high landron preset and how do I get it? I love that sound and have not been able to get it. I have never been able to get anything out of the fuzz face or hard fuzz drives so I'm obviuosly doing something very wrong.

Thanks!

Here is a very quick example of the shiva clean w/ a ambient verb. I only had 5min to dial it in a play something. I'll do something better later.

Redone w/ new cab and darker verb

This sounds gorgeous. Great full warm clean tone with a perfect amount of ambiance. Thanks for taking the time to post!!

Back
Top Bottom