Where are the Axe II samples? Come on, beta testers!

Great tone, Java, say you´ll share this patch with us, please? As soon as the II is here...

didn't save it but it is easy to recreate. I tool the high landron preset, switch the tube screamer out for fuzz, moved it in front of the phaser, lowered the drive, increased the level, thickened up the plexi +lowered the gain. Thats all. but yes, I'll refine it and share it.

That's nice Sean. In your opinion, do the fuzz drives sound more authentic in the II than in the Ultra? I've never been able to get satisfactory fuzz/distortion tones for my Muse and QOTSA patches.

Go through Don Petersen's posts. He's the fuzz wizard and can do and get anything.
I've got no problems at all with the current fuzzes (Hard Fuzz / Fuzz Face).

Go through Don Petersen's posts. He's the fuzz wizard and can do and get anything.
I've got no problems at all with the current fuzzes (Hard Fuzz / Fuzz Face).

The current fuzzes do not put a load on your guitar. The Axefx-II does, it make a difference in the way the fuzzes react to volume changes on your guitar.

I understand, Sean, and I'm confident it'll be an improvement, like the way you show it with the volume down. That sounds good for sure.
I guess I just want to make a point that a lot is possible with the current tools too.

didn't save it but it is easy to recreate. I tool the high landron preset, switch the tube screamer out for fuzz, moved it in front of the phaser, lowered the drive, increased the level, thickened up the plexi +lowered the gain. Thats all. but yes, I'll refine it and share it.

Thanks, Sean. I really, really dug it ;-)

You recorded it with your strat, right?
What was the Axe input impedance set to? How many impedance choices do we have now? And, do you think this new selectable impedance feature is useful for patches which don't have a fuzz block ?

Thanks, Sean. I really, really dug it ;-)

You recorded it with your strat, right?
What was the Axe input impedance set to? How many impedance choices do we have now? And, do you think this new selectable impedance feature is useful for patches which don't have a fuzz block ?

Yes strat.
I'll have to look. It is set on Auto. It detects what is first in the fx chain and set the impedance accordingly. If you have the vibe first the impedance will be set to the vibe, if you put the fuzz first it will be set to the fuzz. You can set in manually as well.

Last edited:
Question about the fuzzes putting a load on the guitar: I would get this same effect if I just put a real stompbox between my guitar and the AxeFx, right?

Sounds great .Java when you get a minute can you still do a quick Scorpish /Whitesnake thing with the Marshall 800 mod or plexi and maybe the anlog new BBD delay Soldano lead..

I always hear great clean ,and lead tones in these units its that big arena crunch that you get from a Splawn ,Hot 800 I really want to hear ..

thanks man

Here is a quick one trying to cop the tease me intro. You wanted the 800 mod so I used it. Although I don't think it is the best for this. The regular 800 actually sounds better for this (tighter).It can get flubby if you are not careful. It would sound much better if I had some air moving, but the wife is home with a migraine so thats not happening. Through headphones :(

First with a doubling effect then delay and doubling effect removed for a raw drier sound. Just the three chords.

Here it is with the plain jane 800

Last edited:
Here is a quick clip using M@tman's dial-a-Sweet_Spot Preset. I hadn't played that solo riff in years!
Attempt at Telsa "The Way It Is" First solo

Replacement for my Dark Fire failure gets in tomorrow. The couldn't get part to fix it so I said I would take their offer of a Les Paul Standard Plus Top. It arrives tomorrow. More clips then :)

Thanks for that Java sounds cool ..
You are right the 800 sounds better for that riff .perhaps even a cranked Plexi
if it was Schenker its was probably an 800 ,Jabs had the SLO I think..

Anyway thanks again..much appreciated

Replacement for my Dark Fire failure gets in tomorrow. The couldn't get part to fix it so I said I would take their offer of a Les Paul Standard Plus Top. It arrives tomorrow. More clips then :)

Ha! So I'll have something to play when I see you in the next couple of days!

Schwing!

Ron

]Quick clip of The Fuzzface, vibe, and Plexi
Just demonstrates how the new input imp works with the fuzz and volume. Volume rolled back, volume full, volume rolled back.

Hey Sean, I like how much the tone cleans up with the volume knob roll-off. I'm continuously using my volume knob for tone changes and always wished that I could get a little bit cleaner when pulling the volume knob down on dirty patches. Do you feel like your getting a more pronounced and dynamic tone change (or cleanup of the tone) with a volume knob roll-off in the Axe II than you did with an Ultra? If so, I guess that would be attributable to the impedance matching?

Thanks for posting clips!

Type of Shiva?????

Until recently I owned an incredibly beautiful sounding Shiva. I clearly hear my amp in that earlier Shiva Clean clip. The reverb was quite close. Shiva's Reverb on 6L6 is one of the lushest in the industry IMHO.

The thing is, and I hear nobody mention this anywhere here, or on other threads either is; There are two very different sounding versions of the Shiva. I owned the 6L6 version and the clean sound in that clip sounded much more like the Shiva 6L6 60 watt version. (See Bogner's website sound clips and you will understand the point I make).

I am curious, did Team FAS actually use a Shiva 6L6, or EL 34 80watt version in the Amp referenced and used in that on that clip? I think the clean on the actual 6L
is to die for. (I am not able to get it on my Chieftain and wish I still had Shiva) - Maybe AXE-II will give it back to me.............

By the way - that is holy grail stuff for me and it is soo cool to literally hear my amp chiming through that clip. Thanks, after hearing that, I am sold as well.

Back
Top Bottom