What I've Been Doing the Past Month

It's almost like a gate is being opened for the treble a few milliseconds after the note is hit. Maybe it's just compression on the amp, or a compressor block.

Regardless of whatever I'm hearing, or not hearing, or maybe it's just my tinnitus... it sounds pretty great to me.
I think you hit the nail on the head. That's good old amp juiciness. Pick attack has a lot of energy. Depending on the amp settings, the attack can drive the power amp into a deeper sag, squeezing out the treble energy while the lower frequecies dominate. As the power amp recovers from the pick attack and starts to come out of saturation, the high frequencies return.

I think you hit the nail on the head. That's good old amp juiciness. Pick attack has a lot of energy. Depending on the amp settings, the attack can drive the power amp into a deeper sag, squeezing out the treble energy while the lower frequecies dominate. As the power amp recovers from the pick attack and starts to come out of saturation, the high frequencies return.

Good to know I'm not nuts! I have heard the elusive "juice". Tasty indeed.

Version 9 sounds fantastic.
My ear is having difficulty understanding why version 10 sounds even better!
It just does!
Agreed, nothing wrong with 9, but 10 just takes things to 11!

As a matter of fact, nothing was wrong with the Axe-FX Standard (it was absolutely the best modeller at that time). The thing is just getting better, and better, and better.... :p

Amazing!

I HEAR THE WOOD OF THE GUITAR!!!!

Man that`s good old fashion rock higain... FW9 IS great though. But still.............. FW10 sounds yummy.

The higher FW number, the less gain i need. I`ll soon use clean and get perfect feedback all the time :) Incredible.

Yep that was amazing. Definitely the most organic of the V10 preview clips so far. And the playing isn't bad either! Bummed that you didn't play "Cliff's boogie" though :)

Back
Top Bottom