What I've Been Doing the Past Month

I never listen music with MP3. Only FLAC files 8) (except at the BOSS Micro R80 that only admits MP3, but that's for practicing purposes)

I would say 90% less than a cd (10% remaining).

To be fair, you have to remember that the MP3 is a significant step backwards from the good old gramophone. Really?...up to 15% less data on a compressed MP3 than on a CD or vinyl? That's NOT progress, that's just laziness for the sake of convenience. So I wouldn't personally compare what Fractal Audio are doing to that. I do agree with the point you are making though, just not the analogy.

That sample is oozing with character.....I hate to use the word organic again, but it keeps coming to mind. 2013 is going to be a roller coaster ride. Thanks Cliff.

You wanted to use orgasmic, but the chicken in you took over :D

Reactions: Ole
I don't have a clue as to what is being done but that clip just sounds like a miked amp and guitar.
It does not sound at all processed, digital or anything like that.
I really like it. It is very natural, it hides nothing.
Cool.

Yeas it does sound real (like many times before) .
But as usuall, it´s needs to be tested in a musical context.
Does anybody know when the firmware is supposed to come ?

I don't have a clue as to what is being done but that clip just sounds like a miked amp and guitar.
It does not sound at all processed, digital or anything like that.
I really like it. It is very natural, it hides nothing.
Cool.

Yeas it does sound real (like many times before) .
But as usuall, it´s needs to be tested in a musical context.
Does anybody know when the firmware is supposed to come ?

As usual... Each successive firmware update is like the second coming of Christ. It will come like a thief in the night. No one knows... No one expects it... It just comes when it comes.

I'm honestly in no rush here. I just found the time to load 9.02... Coming from 6.02. I have 29 new amps. I really can it handle much at a time. I simply cannot imagine anything sounding or feeling any better than FW 9.. My favorite amps came alive even more from FW 6 to FW 9. This MIMIC stuff is downright... Duhhhh which way did he go George? Which way did he go? Leaving me stumped and clueless...

FAS rules!!!

Does anybody hear 'Phil X's Tonemaster' sound through this clip? Nice raw crunchy juicy and spanky. Dang. Must say this is one of the best clips I heard. Sweet as, Cliff. Sweet as. We all humble before your geniousness

The guitar is a Warmoth strat. The model was the ODS-100 Lead pretty much everything at noon except the gain was backed off a bit and maybe some presence added. I don't remember what I used for cabs but I think it was a 5150 4x12 and one of the 2x12s. I didn't spend much time dialing it in. I just turned some knobs and said "that sounds good" and pressed record.

I kept hearing Voodoo Chile about to be played with this sound. It continually amazes me that while we sleep happy as clams with the sound of our Axes, Cliff continues to use his huge toolbox of programming knowledge to improve this box. The idea that his statistical comparison tool can be used on drive box models and other effects is drool worthy. Thanks again.

The guitar is a Warmoth strat. The model was the ODS-100 Lead pretty much everything at noon except the gain was backed off a bit and maybe some presence added. I don't remember what I used for cabs but I think it was a 5150 4x12 and one of the 2x12s. I didn't spend much time dialing it in. I just turned some knobs and said "that sounds good" and pressed record.

Wouldn't have guessed this...

Crisp, pristine,and clear. I definitely hear this magical ingredient in there. The sweetness of vintage,that classy sound that people call tonal sweetness yet very unforgiving.
I can only say this makes it even better,not just tone wise but practice wise. Axe FxII hands down,best purchase I could ever make that is related to the guitars.
Thank you Cliff and team! Excellent!!!

I didn't spend much time dialing it in. I just turned some knobs and said "that sounds good" and pressed record.

For what it's worth, I do that now, immensely enjoy the results and I'm still on v8. So thanks from the non-tweakers for making it simple enough to get a sound we enjoy without needing an engineering degree.

Back
Top Bottom