What I've Been Doing the Past Month

So I've spent a few weeks writing a statistical analysis module for the Axe-Fx and using it to compare the actual amp with the Axe-Fx (part of the MIMIC processing). The results were surprising in some cases. Out of this I have rewritten the triode and pentode modeling based on the statistical comparisons. This also allows me to fine-tune the damping and bias points.

It is a subtle but noticeable improvement IMO. The amps feel and sound more dynamic and "spanky" to me.

I was going to suggest that you do that Cliff, but I did not want to appear ungrateful for the FX as it is. ;-)

Totally outstanding.
I usually sit on the sidelines when it comes to responding to these posts but this one has flushed me out!

Man, that sounds good. Wow. Unreal amount of clarity. I'm psyched for v10. With firmware, I'm usually excited, but this one seems special. I'm pumped.

So my math teacher was right. You do actually use math for something important. If only I would have known this day was coming back when I was in school I might have paid attention. Can't Wait!

:shock that's scary good...

Sounds like the II is being 're-imagined' and the franchise will be 'rebooted' lol.

The release notes will be interesting for this one...a month well spent it would seem..!

Last edited:
another wow here that sounds very good.
I wonder if you could give us a taste of a high gainer (Mark IV) per chance???........................pretty please

Ho!... taht's juts graet! intreputting my noline deslixai lesosn thiw anohter 10.v tesee!... suonds raelly doog ffilC! ;)

I am so happy that 4 years ago a few of the folks on the Boss GT 10 forum kept talking about this thing called the axe FX-I have them to thank-just cannot remember who they are or if they ever took the plunge. I know one did for sure But I cannot remember his user name

So thanjs GT 10 forum forleading me here 4 years ago :)

So I've spent a few weeks writing a statistical analysis module for the Axe-Fx and using it to compare the actual amp with the Axe-Fx (part of the MIMIC processing). The results were surprising in some cases. Out of this I have rewritten the triode and pentode modeling based on the statistical comparisons. This also allows me to fine-tune the damping and bias points.

It is a subtle but noticeable improvement IMO. The amps feel and sound more dynamic and "spanky" to me.

Stock amp model, stock cab models, nothing fancy (especially the playing :) )
www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/v10_spankin.mp3

WOW! Truly amazing!

Which amp model is this?

Thanks for the dedication and hard work! Also, your chops cut the steel quite well!

Back
Top Bottom