What is the meaning of your user name here?

My name is what I am.

Many years ago there was a show called Rock School. There was a chick guitar player, a dude on bass and another dude on drums. Each show, they would pick a genre and individually, teach people how their instrument is played in that particular genre. They were all British and had fairly thick accents. Anyways, whenever the bassist would talk about his instrument, he would say 'as the bass player, you need to blah blah blah' and with his thick British accent, 'bass player' always sounded to me like 'byce pryah'.

So that's it. I am 'bass player' spelled phonetically British. Blimey!!

Funeral has been my online name for a long time. It originally was Funeral Dancer, a lyric from an Acid Bath song. Used it mainly for gaming. It stuck. :)
Not to interesting, but its mine. On SS.org im Funz because someone has, and doesnt use Funeral. :p

I was wondering about that one. It sounds kind of "dark" to put it gentle. like the nick icutmyarm would be you know. But one never know the meaning of a nick before a thread like this. icutmyarm could be intended as funny you know. I know of a girl who cut her arm really bad, blood all over the place, from a.... Fridge! How the h... do you cut your arm into a hurricane of blood, from a fridge!!?? That's a really wierd one.

Many years ago, I worked at Taco Bell during my high school and college years. It wasn't the greatest job but it helped mold me into the person I am today.

During my college years I started to co-op at a now defunct large networking company. For lunch, we'd go hit the local Taco Bell for some cheap food. Unfortunately, when we'd come back from eating there would always be an unusual odor or sound coming from my cube. One day, one of the guys near me said, "dude, are you floating biscuits over there?" I had no idea what he was talking about at first, but soon realized what this meant. Soon afterwards, I earned the nickname of "biscuit boy". Wasn't too proud of it, but I accepted my fate.

Twenty years later...

Last night I had Taco Bell for dinner. Zero biscuits.

I'm an apps engineer. I like problem solving, and like to build electronic gadgets and write software, so the job is a good fit. I spend lots of time in the lab bench testing pre-production ICs under extreme conditions of temperature/voltage/load/timing.

And I like Zappa.

You did a good job when you integrated Zappa in the world of television, you know. Now we're all zapping channels.

What was I thinking. Tv is just a way of transmiting something. The woodstockfestival can be shown on tv. tv is just tv.

You always see stuff like California Stud 82 or the like. No one ever takes fat and ugly...it's kinda funny and always available on a forum.

Mine comes from my last band leader. In addition to being the guitar player on the project, I was also the recording engineer. The guy used to drive me nuts, and I could never come up with anything good with him around. But when he was gone, I'd get really creative and come up with some stuff he really liked. So one time he says to me, "you're like that Dancing Frog on the WB, you never dance with anyone watching." Since I couldn't call myself the name of the Warner Bros. character, Michigan J. Frog, I choose Dancing Frog instead.

I first used it on Birds and Moons, and when people started recognizing that I was a PRS 513 aficionado on other sites, I carried it along when I joined for consistency.

Last edited:
I think you get the award for the most self explanitory user name. Mesa is without a doubt my favorite brand of real amps. I took a tour of the factory back in '04. It was awesome!!!

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Would love to do the factory tour. I have owned/played Mesas since the early nineties. Gone are my Mark III and Rectoverb. Still have my Mark IV combo (1st gen with EV Black Shadow) and Tremoverb. They have barely been turned on since I got my Ultra 3 years ago. I should sell them but we have so much (gig) history together.

I've owned a Mesa combo amp that I really liked. That was then, this is now. I also live in Mesa, AZ. And I'm a guitar guy. The End.

I think it leaves pretty much itself, being exposed from the body when one's dancing it. It's kind of eyecatching and physical. One takes a look and concludes, yep he's doing some boogie alright.

pulp_fiction_dance-150x150.jpg

Back
Top Bottom