What is the meaning of your user name here?

Mine is a nickname my friends in high school gave me. I went by Tom or Tommy, but my buddies were at my house one day, when I got into trouble for something with my mother, and she always called me by my given name when I was in trouble... "THOMAS!!!!!". The guys thought it was hilarious, so they started calling me Thomas... then somehow, for a reason I'm still not sure of, one of them added "Hawk" as a play on the word Tomahawk. So, I was (and still am by those guys to this day!) referred to as Thomas-Hawk. Or sometimes as T-Hawk. :)

Mine is a nickname my friends in high school gave me. I went by Tom or Tommy, but my buddies were at my house one day, when I got into trouble for something with my mother, and she always called me by my given name when I was in trouble... "THOMAS!!!!!". The guys thought it was hilarious, so they started calling me Thomas... then somehow, for a reason I'm still not sure of, one of them added "Hawk" as a play on the word Tomahawk. So, I was (and still am by those guys to this day!) referred to as Thomas-Hawk. Or sometimes as T-Hawk. :)
man It's like the Mexican family... I cringe every time somebody calls me by my full first name in Spanish. I almost expect to get hit by an incoming household item shortly after :lol

Because I like certain amps made in Petaluma, California.

I think you get the award for the most self explanitory user name. Mesa is without a doubt my favorite brand of real amps. I took a tour of the factory back in '04. It was awesome!!!

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Wow.. nicknames.. just to sidetrack for a sec..
I had an insulting nickname that became a term of endearment to me over time. I have always been a tom-boy, and have hung out with other musicians since I was about 13-14 years old. Anyway, I was living in NYC, and had a group of friends I would hang with from just outside the city (mostly from "the Chesters"). We were Xmas shopping, and they were making fun of me, mainly saying how I never shut up. "Always goin', yap-yap-f'in-yap. It is like this constant buzz in my ear.. you're like a g-damn cricket!" And from that moment on, I got called Cricket. It also became an adjective, adverb, verb, etc. "Oh, you were all cricketin' last night!" If I ever make a nickname username on a site, I think I would use that one. (the guy who came up with it died in an accident during the winter holiday season two years ago. Really miss him, and the rest of those idiots)

I was in a band called Mystery. And my bandmates took themselves waaaaay too seriously. Walking around all day in leather outfits, posing a rockstars. I on the other hand, liked nothing better than surfer shorts and t-shirts. Anyway. I started a hard rock cover band and just to tease them I called it Mr.E If you pronounce it it sounds like mystery ;) Actually, it was: Mr.E The HAppy HArdrock HAnsemble So normally I use MrE as a nickname but on a lot of forums that was already taken (should have pulled an Apple and patented so I could sue them) and then I use MisterE

Back in '96 or so, a buddy and I are sitting around his house watching tv, playing guitar, just hanging out. Suddenly he looks at me and says, "if I ever have kids, I'm going to name them so that their initials are the same as their first names. Think about it. Initial here... Or sign here. Same thing for that kid". We spent the next hour or so trying to come up with 3 letter names ending in G for him and D for me plus a middle name. Best we could do was "Sid Ivan" for me, which became my online name instantly. So, if you see sidivan somewhere online, 99% of the time, it's me. Except sidivan@gmail... Some russian guy has that.

In my youth, I would spend alot of time with a motorcycle on 1 wheel.. Mostly dirt bikes... Could go along ways and corners at slow speed.. Today, that is no big deal, I did it to go over downed trees and across streams in the woods.. I'm older but not wiser today.. perhaps it should be 2wheel...

I've had exactly 4 people pronounce my last name properly in my entire life when I first met them so I figured I'd just spell it how it's pronounced and it's become my username on a lot of forums where they don't ban you for being goofy.

Triaxis(obvious) 75- the year I was born

I got dooped by Paul Risario into buying a Krankenstein half stack (pre-transistor upgrade) while joining a new band. My counterpart was playing through a Mark IV. Needless to say, I got my ass kicked 5 ways from Saturday. Dropped the Kranken-turd and picked up a Triaxis with a 2:90. Saved my arse but took a little while to get my "Street Cred"back with the rest of the band back lol. Not sure if I ever got it back after that...

The only reason I sold my Triaxis was to help pay for my Ultra. If it wasn't for FAS I would've never sold it. It LOVED my Triaxis!!! Good name!!!

Triaxis(obvious) 75- the year I was born

I got dooped by Paul Risario into buying a Krankenstein half stack (pre-transistor upgrade) while joining a new band. My counterpart was playing through a Mark IV. Needless to say, I got my ass kicked 5 ways from Saturday. Dropped the Kranken-turd and picked up a Triaxis with a 2:90. Saved my arse but took a little while to get my "Street Cred"back with the rest of the band back lol. Not sure if I ever got it back after that...

Funeral has been my online name for a long time. It originally was Funeral Dancer, a lyric from an Acid Bath song. Used it mainly for gaming. It stuck. :)
Not to interesting, but its mine. On SS.org im Funz because someone has, and doesnt use Funeral. :p

Back
Top Bottom