What are you listening to right now?

I was super stoked when Viv, Vinnie, and Jimmy Bain decided to reform the
iconic DIO lineup with a new singer. Sadly, Jimmy passed before their 1st
show supporting their 1st album as a band. I can hear that signature DIO
vibe in the music, and Andrew is a great singer. Glad they are still making
music!!

Love the half-time feel in the chorus!!

Actually, the sound of my apartment's baseboards warming up, my tinnitus, and the sounds of me tapping on my keyboard, in all honesty. It's quite refreshing to not need listen to TV, music, or outdoor street noise for a change.

Invariably, during my usual work day I'll listen to music, but for now, I'm enjoying some peace and quiet without filling my mind with distractions or thoughts I'd only need process later.

The new Gov't Mule record. I really love Warren Haynes, but wish he would open up more. I realize this record was more of an ode to the old blues songs, but it would have been nice to have him really get busy on some of the tunes. Also, to me, I don't know why, but the record lacks the swing of Gov't Mule's original material. Slightly disappointed.

This is all intentional. The sound, the live recording without isolation. The sparseness. It’s a great record. I’m sure he lets loose when he plays these live. He’s fitting the songs mostly and letting Danny Louis and the band shine. The only song that really sounds like the Mule is the oddball Howling Wolf Gasoline cover. My favorite cut is the title track. Wish he would have ran the solo on that a lot longer than he did. I bought a download of the show they did in New Haven CT with guest Ann Wilson. It’s really good. Killer tones.

Two old people sitting on a bench.
One says to the other, "Sorry for me adjusting things here, but my butt has fallen asleep."
The other said, "Yeah, I could hear it snoring a while back."
Now that would have been a good one in the dad jokes that was funny :D

Back
Top Bottom