What are you listening to right now?

I think this was released in 2017. I really like this new album to and really dig the sound. And like you said not all electric is really nice to.
It reminds me of Joe Bonamassa a Night at the Vienna opera house because it was all acoustic also that album my wife a I got to see him at the fox in Atlanta she didn’t like the electric second half of the show. :)

Man, Leppard were on such a compelling arc of music. Then they met Mutt Lange. ;)

Kind of funny that I don't hear his heavy-handed production style on High 'n' Dry.
Maybe he was a different producer in 1981 than he was in 1983 and 87. Love this era,
where the guitars are still sounding like guitars and have a rawness to them that they
completely moved away from in subsequent al;bums.
I think he was still in the AC/DC mode especially with Elloite's vocal! but the marshall sounds were epic on High & Dry! Moving away from their early sounds I think was inspired by Mutt but was really embraced by Elliot. I think he and Mutt wanted to evolve beyond the hard rock sounds of High & Dry and Pyro.

I remember an interview where he said they didn't want to pigeon hole themselves like a Boston or the like. I get that but to me Leppard quit being Leppard after High & Dry and slowly turned pop, bringing in electronic drums, synths and finishing it off with soft rock ballads.

I remember an interview where he said they didn't want to pigeon hole themselves like a Boston or the like. I get that but to me Leppard quit being Leppard after High & Dry and slowly turned pop, bringing in electronic drums, synths and finishing it off with soft rock ballads.

Without a doubt!!

Pretty sure they are living more comfortably now because of Mutt's heavy-handed production methods.
No tears shed for their bank accounts.

Not sure why Phil Collen still can't afford a nice shirt, though. :)

Without a doubt!!

Pretty sure they are living more comfortably now because of Mutt's heavy-handed production methods.
No tears shed for their bank accounts.

Not sure why Phil Collen still can't afford a nice shirt, though. :)
One thing I've always respected about Phil Collen is that he takes care of himself. So many musicians suffer physically as they age due to the life style and touring demands. He actually has a black belt in karate! Seems to have a lot of self discipline.

For sure! He does. Maybe a little too proud of it, and kind of vain (which is so unlike a rock star!) :),
but definitely better than having a bloated gut hanging out because you can't tuck a shirt into your
pants. Not that I would know anything about that. :)

I may have to question him doing that at 60+ and appealing to the women in his audience
who maybe don't possess the bosom they did 35 years ago. Seems kind of risky to me.

For sure! He does. Maybe a little too proud of it, and kind of vain (which is so unlike a rock star!) :),
but definitely better than having a bloated gut hanging out because you can't tuck a shirt into your
pants. Not that I would know anything about that. :)
Yeah, he's probably a little bit of a show off, but that's par for the course. Better than being a Vince Neil!

Back
Top Bottom