What are you listening to right now?

I seem to listen to stuff that I've heard a million times before, because I like it!
When I bought my AX8 I went straight into the custom scale section of the pitch shifter thing to try to recreate the excellent Thin Lizzy harmony parts. I'm happy enough with my results, even if they are not perfect.

I dont know if this fit's in properly here as its not a record or a cd, but I could listen to Paul Stafford Cook all day long. He can do things on the guitar that I can only dream of. People say that sounds with a Fractal are only limited by your imagination and I feel the same way about this chaps playing. I dont know where or how his musical mind works but I think he is a star. He makes me realize how crappy I am as a guitarist.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg44BDPGmSdxW3IHmslWnuQ

I bought a Musicman guitar with a Floyd Rose ( EVH style) just so that I could try to do the whammy bar things, along with the other "shred" type of stuff, and failed miserably. Sam Coulson's talent is a outstanding and he best of all looks like he is having fun with a bit of humour thrown in. I always enjoy this type of playing, watch and enjoy.

I'm listening to Deep Purple "Now What?!". A few really great tunes on it IMO, with some superb playing/jamming all-around and tasty solos by Steve Morse.

I love hearing a raging B3 and never tire of it, and Don Airey cops some excellent riffage too.
I'm in the same camp as you, I love the sound of a "raging B3" Hammond organ, mix Don Airey with Gary Moore and you have one of the best performances ever.

That ceiling painting makes my neck hurt just thinking about it. Lol
Great choice of tunes. :)
Tell me about it - and there's a skylight, and texture to paint over which makes it all the more fun and neck breaking - just finished - couldn't have done it without Earth Wind n Fire, Black Sabbath, Bee Gees, and the mighty "Woodster" 8-16' extention painters' pole.

Last edited:
I paint motorbikes, and today after happily finishing a petrol tank I took it outside into the natural daylight and spotted a flaw in the finish. Something that I did not see under the lights in my workshop.
If I smoked (which I dont), I would be lighting up a cigarette to calm my nerves, maybe I'd pour myself a nice stiff glass of whisky as well.
Instead, I'm listening to some blues. Of the rock variety.
Music is very therapeutic, it can lift your spirits from todays "Oh, f***....." , back to it's not so bad, let's just get it fixed.
Have your spirits lifted with some bluoooozzzze.....

p_1ead5375-7aca-4848-8406-705de6653daf_1400x.png

Back
Top Bottom