What are you listening to right now?

Electro, dance, synth, whatever it is, is not my normal preference, but Paul Van Dyk has a few songs I dig. Here's 'Let Go' and 'The Other Side' (I like the acoustic intro, transition to electro and then the transition back to acoustic for the end).

Been revisiting Rush/Moving Pictures with the 40th Anniversary release. Great live set from 1981 on there, and the spatial audio mix of the album sounds awesome.

Shinedown rocks.

I saw them on their first national tour before their debut album broke. 2003-4, I think.
One of my best friends from childhood was a stud on guitar and was playing in Tantric
at the time. Shinedown and Silvertide were openers, and he told me, "Check out
Shinedown, their singer is amazing."

You could tell with his pipes they were going places---even if they have changed their
core sound since then, and gone a little "Niceklback" as far as songwriting and production.
Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

Pretty sure Rick Beato has a songwriting credit and producer credit or two from that 1st album.

You could tell with his pipes they were going places---even if they have changed their
core sound since then, and gone a little "Niceklback" as far as songwriting and production.
Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

Pretty sure Rick Beato has a songwriting credit and producer credit or two from that 1st album.
Brent Smith has an amazing voice. And you're correct about Beato having at least one writing credit for them.

I think the change in sound over the years is mostly due to maturation, which is probably natural. I mean it's tough to be middle-aged and carry all that angst/anger/fear of youth around constantly.

Hey, I'm not afraid to say I like some NIckelback now and then. They've sold millions of records for a reason. Oddly, I believe Shinedown was their opening act at one point.

"I'll have the quesadilla."

YT's Gabriel Cyr Guitarist page. Multi-talented, multi-instrumental, multi-genres. Plays everything amazingly well. Lot to learn from there. Here's his PRS Silver Sky demo across several genres...

Back
Top Bottom