We want Firmware 12

I also posted up in the wishlist for having some of the cabs in the II available for download to the standard/ultra. They'll not be the 2048 versions, but the 1024 versions, but it might just be enough to pacify users who want a little more of the gen1 units ;)

Cabs to me make a much bigger difference in sound than any firmware would, and are easy for the end user to just download and dump on the axe.

TBH, I haven't even upgraded from v10 to v11. v10 fulfills all of my needs just fine... the ONLY reason I want an Axe II is because, well, I want one! My wish for the Ultra now is to add some bass amp models for my wife. She won't even use an actual bass amp anymore after gigging with a single preset on the axe.

Reactions: jon
I also posted up in the wishlist for having some of the cabs in the II available for download to the standard/ultra. They'll not be the 2048 versions, but the 1024 versions, but it might just be enough to pacify users who want a little more of the gen1 units ;) Cabs to me make a much bigger difference in sound than any firmware would, and are easy for the end user to just download and dump on the axe.
You don't need a wishlist for this you just have to "capture" the cabs which is simple.

TBH, I haven't even upgraded from v10 to v11. v10 fulfills all of my needs just fine... the ONLY reason I want an Axe II is because, well, I want one! My wish for the Ultra now is to add some bass amp models for my wife. She won't even use an actual bass amp anymore after gigging with a single preset on the axe.

+1 +1 +1

A number of people have asked for this (myself included). As of yet, no signs of movement to this end. What is also telling is that with the increased capacity for models in the AxeII, there are still no true bass amp options to the SVT, which is a great model - I use it all the time and it sounds nice IMO. Also, as many have expressed before, there are many tonal possibilities for bass as the Ultra sits now. A little creativity and tweaking and you can get some neat stuff. However, I'd like to have the "ease of use" out of the box with a couple more bass amp models. Not a complaint....just a wish.

Reactions: jon
+1 +1 +1

A number of people have asked for this (myself included). As of yet, no signs of movement to this end. What is also telling is that with the increased capacity for models in the AxeII, there are still no true bass amp options to the SVT, which is a great model - I use it all the time and it sounds nice IMO.

Isn't the Bassman a bass amp, too? ;)

Bassman are the WORST bass amp like EV0r!!! :eek:

+1 as always for bass amps tho....

It's been stated many times over the years that you will never be able to change the names of IR's in the First Gen boxes.

Sorry guys.

Hey gang,could you help a real amateur w/ comp stuff? How long does it take for the factory presets(ultra)to download? I think I have them. I can see the file,it's just one zip for all 3 banks,right? Thank you,whomever!

Christmas is coming and is a time of sharing and surprises ahead and give those who are still there ...

Look under the Christmas tree when it comes to see if a Firmware 12 with some lonestar aredondo or cameron .....

Santa Cliff comnig...

christmas%20is%20coming-saidaonline.jpg

If this don´t work maybe this ...

sexyra%u0025252520Croft-Sexy%252520Christmas.jpg

Lets face it, the 1st Gen is dead. This is a one man show and no one likes to allocate resources on a product not selling.

Gen1 is only dead when you pry it from my cold dead hands..

I can understand that 99.99% of the focus is on Gen2 but Gen1 is far from dead. There is room for some amps or effects. Gen1 is just too busy kicking butt to be bothered by mere mortal minor firmware upgrades.

Gen1 is only dead when you pry it from my cold dead hands..

I can understand that 99.99% of the focus is on Gen2 but Gen1 is far from dead. There is room for some amps or effects. Gen1 is just too busy kicking butt to be bothered by mere mortal minor firmware upgrades.
Right on!! My II came and went - very happy with my Gen-1 Standard!

Back
Top Bottom