We want Firmware 12

I wouldn't hold your breath though it may happen sometime. Seems like Cliff's a decent enough guy to throw you a bone at some point, but I can't imagine that it's a priority right now.

In a nutshell, this is the biggest reason (other than knowing it would sound better and be easier to use) that I paid the $2600 for a II. It would drive me totally nuts reading about how fabulous V2 and all the other versions are while I still had my Ultra. V2 is fabulous. The II was great to start with, but now it's just amazing.

Who's we? You got a mouse in your pocket? My Standard and Ultra are doing just fine. I don't need a new firmware and certainly don't feel abandoned.
We are the ones, who want shake the V2 tech , like the II users!
You don't need it ? - just don't post mousy ! :mrgreen

Last edited:
If Cliff could squeeze some V2 magic into standard/ultra... for me it's all right! ;)

but he already did, that's what v11 is...

from the release notes:

"11.00
Updated power amp emulation. Uses some of the techniques from the Axe-Fx II. This produces tighter, more defined bass and also less flubiness when using high MV settings."

but he already did, that's what v11 is...

from the release notes:

"11.00
Updated power amp emulation. Uses some of the techniques from the Axe-Fx II. This produces tighter, more defined bass and also less flubiness when using high MV settings."

That was AFII V1 features. I think Smilzo means AFII V2.

Personally I wouldn't mind having something like a nicer tuner, even if it means cutting off a few amp models (too many already anyway).

It has already been mentioned that the Standard/Ultra is already a "mature" product that has been "discontinued"... I don't expect any future major "updates" for any discontinued products.

I would expect all future R&D to be for current products...

It has already been mentioned that the Standard/Ultra is already a "mature" product that has been "discontinued"... I don't expect any future major "updates" for any discontinued products.

I would expect all future R&D to be for current products...

This. There is alot one can accomplish with the standard/ultra units.

Yeah, unless there is something specific that is wrong I think that people get a little too hyped up for patches and updates for the sake of having patches and updates. Most other products have endless firmware versions because something is wrong....last time I looked the generation one gear was pretty much good to go and if you've run out of sounds you can create with it then you probably need to spend more time playing than tweaking.

Just my take on it anyway.

One of the "downsides" (if there is a downside to firmware updates) is that your tone can change depending on how the algorithms are updated. One of the knocks when the Standard/Ultra were out was that people had to re-do their patches if it was a major upgrade. So the other side of the fence is the Standard/Ultra are a stable (mature) platform that is unlikely to change so all the presets you've so carefully dialed in won't have to be re-done or tweaked.

If the firmware on my Ultra never changed, I am happy. It sounds way better than any other modeller out there and most tube gear already. The only thing better would be the Axe II... But for what I've got invested, the Ultra is a great rig!

Back
Top Bottom