We want Firmware 12

Gen1 is only dead when you pry it from my cold dead hands..

I can understand that 99.99% of the focus is on Gen2 but Gen1 is far from dead. There is room for some amps or effects. Gen1 is just too busy kicking butt to be bothered by mere mortal minor firmware upgrades.

Dead in the sense that it's reached it's endpoint and Gen2 has begun meaning Gen1 isn't generating revenue. Business rule: if you don't make money you can't stay open. Sure, it would be cool if Cliff could do all this just for fun, but he has to make money at it too. I don't expect a firmware update. Would it be cool? Hellz ya! But, realistically, the II is out and he needs to focus on that and make money to keep up what fractal does. Maybe he'll throw us a bone eventually, that would be cool. Honestly, if it was something I thought was a significant thing for me, I might not even be opposed to paying for it. What that is? I don't know. I'm still having enough trouble wrapping my head around my current options. Adding more? Don't know that I even have time to mess with that to be honest. Heck, I've been so busy playing I haven't had any time to tweak any. My MFC will be here tomorrow though, so I'll spend tomorrow night reconfiguring things for it. I'm excited about that!

wow i cant believe this thread got so far. 11 pages and counting is a pretty solid effort for something that can be summarised in 3 short posts. Happy to contribute to the cause!

Cliff should tell... Cliff would like... Cliff would never... Cliff can't... Cliff...

I, as a user, use this forum to ask. If Cliff is reading, he knows if requests are do-able and if he got times to spent working on G1: he knows better than me and you hardware and software, and cost and profit of any choice he take.

One nice thing would be to have and end on all this speculation. If Cliff just would say this is it - instead of keeping all the speculation going on. Im perfectly fine with my ultra v.11( love it), and can easily spend the next two years more programming, but it would allways be nice nice to have a little more :)

I would be happy with Gen1 for a lifetime as long as it lasts physcially without breaking down. I have literally scratched maybe 1% of what this unit can do and I am completely in love with my tones and am constantly amazed at what it does. It seems the more I throw at it the more it shines. Even the grouchy old timers I know tell me "never sell it". I'm inclined to agree.

If a new firmware is ever released 1, 2, 5 yrs down the road or even never, I will be just as happy that I bought it. The only thing that would make me sell it is if a portable version was ever released.

Seriously dude...we all have to deal with it.
I only had my Ultra about 18 months before the II came out.

If you go buy the latest and greatest i7 processor computer, with 12 gig of DDR3 memory....two weeks after you get it home...as sure as it's snowing in the North Pole right now...Intel will introduce the i9 triple processor chip...it's just the way it goes.
There's nothing less you can do with your Ultra Today than you were able to do the day before the II was released.

I don't have any of the axe-fx'ers but it's like wanting an iphone on your ipod. (I hate apple but the masses seem to speak the language).
This discussion reminds me of evil strawberry, which I just deleted the link to due to offended father.
Calling a kid stupid for laughs was really not the point of it..? Besides you're the one saying that part was funny.. but ok.
The point of it as I see it is from 0:48-1:00, just the randomness of it. I just find that funny.
But i'm wierd. And for that I apologize. To those who's not. And who's offended by such.

Last edited:
I don't have any of the axe-fx'ers but it's like wanting an iphone on your ipod. (I hate apple but the masses seem to speak the language).
This discussion reminds me of evil strawberry:

I found this profoundly unfunny.
I'm a father of a child that age and calling a kid stupid for laughs is the most asinine thing I can imagine. -10, Dislike. Delete.

Seriously dude...we all have to deal with it.
I only had my Ultra about 18 months before the II came out.

If you go buy the latest and greatest i7 processor computer, with 12 gig of DDR3 memory....two weeks after you get it home...as sure as it's snowing in the North Pole right now...Intel will introduce the i9 triple processor chip...it's just the way it goes.
There's nothing less you can do with your Ultra Today than you were able to do the day before the II was released.

It doesn't often snow at the North Pole ;)

If you want Firmware 12 then buy an AxeFx II. It's been out for six months and they're already getting ready to release 4.0. At that rate another year will get you to 12. :eek:

Reactions: jon
I think if cliff made a version 12 it should be a paid upgrade as he is not making money off the gen1 line.
btw i have a gen1...:roll

Thanks Johnny....I was just trying for effect ya know..lol
The point was there.
I've got an ultra and don't have $2400 to get an Ultra II so, won't be.
It'll do what I need it to do and from the Marshall head I was playing through to the sounds I get from my Ultra its miles apart....
I'm happy with what I've got....if I wait till I have the dough on hand to be able to throw into a II, Cliff will be introducing the Ultra III and I'll be ahead of the curve. (Thus the reason for my analogy about buying the latest greatest new computer and before you get it home, its already superceded by something "better".

Back
Top Bottom