[Video] Using a (free) LUFS meter to loudness match amps and presets

Just got the Boss fs-6.... How do you set it up for each pedal to trigger cc35 and cc36 accordingly? In the midi ctrl menu I have pedal 2 as 35 and pedal 4 as 36 but nothing changes.....

EDIT - Ignore me, think I've figured it out!

yeah, scroll over to the main output mixer in layout and look at the main level slider. you should see it move by 1db increments every time you hit the pedal

Got it, cheers! Slight lag with multiple presses, but this will be much easier instead of having to adjust the dial.... Or if the output is 100%!

The cool thing (which is also a bad thing, but I'll get to that) is that the master level slider is saved per scene, so you can actually use the footswitch to level all your scenes within a preset. (since it saves each time, there is also a slight audio drop out on the AX8 (I've been told, never tried myself)).

The bad thing about it saving per scene is that if you have +4dB on one scene and -3 dB on another scene, there might be a very audible jump in the level of your reverb and delay trails, when you switch between the two scenes. I would use the footswitch to make the adjustment in rehearsal, and then at home, I would move the level adjustments to a more appropriate place.

...truth. Boss FS-6 is a rock solid 2 button footswitch that pulls this off nicely. Not having to open the preset, or an editor, or do save functions, makes this an easy task.
I just got my FS-6 - (but my AX8 is at the nightclub for two more weeks) - If I set up both switches as momentary, will I need to have batteries in the pedal? I don't need anything to light up.

Back
Top Bottom